Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ssc Open To Less Than Stellar Shooters?

KentG

Id like to attend the SSC and was curious if they frown on untactical rubes who just shoot for the enjoyment of the sport and are are not too friggin likely to make Leatham worry. :o One more thing, as a working stiff I would be limited to shoot on Saturday, what day do the big guns usually shoot?

If you're concerned about "tactics" during the match, don't be. The rules for 1911 Society are based on mid 1990s USPSA/IPSC rules. The pretend tactics of IDPA are neither necessary nor conducive to enjoying the match!

In my experience, people of all skill levels are welcome as long as they are safe and obey the rules (kind of like USPSA/IPSC!). If there was some arbitrary cutoff for skill level, I never would have been allowed to shoot, as you know! ;) As a multi-award-winning shooter, you will do just fine!

It's usually a great match. The only real downside I see is that it's held in Illinois, a place I will not go.

10,000 comedians out of work and there you are !! ;) I will probably mail in a ap in a couple weeks. I just have to shoot on Saturday like most working stiffs I do have a limited number of days off to burn and there are a few more trips I want to make this summer.

Saturday is actually a better day to shoot in my opinion. You can do the whole thing in one day instead of shooting on Friday, then have to wait around for the results and prize table.

And while I was teasing you about your awards, rest assured that I really do believe that you should be proud of them.

Even if the super squad shoot on Friday, I think you'll be able to see plenty of very talented and fast shooters on Saturday too. And most everyone hangs around until the end of the day on Saturday for the awards and prizes.

Saturday is actually a better day to shoot in my opinion. You can do the whole thing in one day instead of shooting on Friday, then have to wait around for the results and prize table.

And while I was teasing you about your awards, rest assured that I really do believe that you should be proud of them.

Even if the super squad shoot on Friday, I think you'll be able to see plenty of very talented and fast shooters on Saturday too. And most everyone hangs around until the end of the day on Saturday for the awards and prizes.

Without offending anyone who has disabled faimily, at that level its like comming in first in the special olympics.