Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well shot my first match...

Rokmel

Shot my first match at Oak Park Sportsmans Club yesterday.

I used a stock XD 45 service with Blackhawk holster and mag carriers. According to the USPSA website. I won Limited 10 and shot 5th overall out of 75.

Had a blast and will be doing some more "tweaking of gear" to find out what class I want to shoot. I am working up a glock 24 to shoot it in limited with CR speed holster.

Also joined USPSA last night...too bad the season in IL is pretty much over.

Here is a video clip of my "classifier" stage.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000111229585#!/video/video.php?v=168145586532481

Edited by Rokmel

Did way the hell better than me in my first five matches combined in your first match. Though I have had gun issues in every match at some point(ironed it out now), my biggest problem is moving slllooow. I'm so paranoid of getting dq'd. I actually filmed my last match and saw my RO mocking my slow duck walking behind my back. I think my gun handling skills are up to par now and I'm going to try to go fast in the next match I can escape to. Good job man!

@lrf

Thanks..I have a lot of Cowboy Action Shooting experience so moving with guns is not an issue. I did do this sport in the early 90's but so much has changed. I need to get my skill set back as I don't make a fool of myself on national TV (hint).

I decided to shoot my Glock 24 in limited...getting dies soon and I am ready to rok!

67352_169147636432276_100000111229585_593788_8356619_n.jpg

Edited by Rokmel

Welcome Rok, great info here, where is the gun club that you shoot at? one of my goals is to get my 6 in one by the end of the year... and I think im not to far from what is it oak park!

Yes I am a member at Oak Park. Next match is a steel match 11/7. I don't know if they are doing any classifiers at that match. Let me know if you find anything around here. I'd like to get some classifiers in as well.

@lrf

Thanks..I have a lot of Cowboy Action Shooting experience so moving with guns is not an issue. I did do this sport in the early 90's but so much has changed. I need to get my skill set back as I don't make a fool of myself on national TV (hint).

I decided to shoot my Glock 24 in limited...getting dies soon and I am ready to rok!

67352_169147636432276_100000111229585_593788_8356619_n.jpg

Looks Good! I shot a G35 in my first matches. I love Glocks, but I'm trying my Para 1911(P1640) in the next match I can go to. I bought some Dawson mag extensions and an extended mag release, but it's pretty much stock( iron sights, no slide lightening, and no magwell for now(I'm waiting for a Para Ice from Dawson, I love the Ice on my G35!) Minor internally, lighter recoil spring, hammer spring, and the series 80 stuff removed, but stock Para barrel. I like a variety of guns for different reasons, so I'm going to experiment with what I have to find out what works well in competition for me. I have to admit, Glocks and 1911's are my favs though. Gaston Glock and John Browning were on to something, huh? :D

Good luck in the future, and one of these days I'm gonna show up and not suck!

What kind of magwell is that on your G24? Is it a Dawson Ice? I love that one, and as a pretty unskilled shooter...I will endorse because my rookie ass can reload fast without even looking at the gun. I did quite a bit of dry fire practice with reloading, and that Ice is very nice! I'm nervous I'm going to wreck on my reloads with my magwell-less Para. I know dawson has an aluminum one, but I'm hoping for an ice. I will get the aluminum one if I have to wait too long.. :rolleyes:

Rokmel, I think I know what that HINT means... Did you seriously make it for sure!??! I hope you did, my dad said you were an insanely awesome cowboy shooter when he watched you at the Pumpkin massacre. I'm sure you'll be a great USPSA shooter too, hope to shoot with you sometime soon... and of course watch you on the History Channel! Good Luck!

What kind of magwell is that on your G24? Is it a Dawson Ice? I love that one, and as a pretty unskilled shooter...I will endorse because my rookie ass can reload fast without even looking at the gun. I did quite a bit of dry fire practice with reloading, and that Ice is very nice! I'm nervous I'm going to wreck on my reloads with my magwell-less Para. I know dawson has an aluminum one, but I'm hoping for an ice. I will get the aluminum one if I have to wait too long.. :rolleyes:

I can't remember what magwell that is..it might me an early ICE in aluminum. I bought it about 6 years agao or more.

Rokmel, I think I know what that HINT means... Did you seriously make it for sure!??! I hope you did, my dad said you were an insanely awesome cowboy shooter when he watched you at the Pumpkin massacre. I'm sure you'll be a great USPSA shooter too, hope to shoot with you sometime soon... and of course watch you on the History Channel! Good Luck!

Howdy!!

I would have had video of a sub 4sec run with your bullets in my rifle (10rds, 3 steel plates @ 12yds, 2-1-2 repeat pattern) if your dad knew how to run the camera on my droid. That would have been nice to put on your website. I will be placing an order soon with a bunch of guys getting a bulk buy going. Im gonna try those 220gr .40 bullets for the glock.

As for the other HINT. Not on season 2 but season 3 is a different story ;>)!

Darn old people and technology! Your Top Shot audition is absolutely hilarious, how they chose better contestants is beyond me! You should come down to Flanagan and pick up your bullets and we'll have a nice little practice session at our range, maybe get a video or two!! BTW, those bullets need to be loaded to at least 1.18" or so, so be sure your mags will accept them(I know nothing about glocks). . Talk to you soon Rokmel