Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LNL AP with a LEE PRO Powder Measure

I am converting to load 9mm on my LNL AP. I'd like to use my existing Lee Pro powder measure and the Powder through expander feature. I think this should be do-able.

These are the older, shorter lee dies. I know that the sizer and seater are too short for the LNL with the LNL die bushings.

Does anyone know if this would be a problem for the powder drop die?

I don't have a 9mm shellplate yet otherwise I'd just check it for myself.

I am converting to load 9mm on my LNL AP. I'd like to use my existing Lee Pro powder measure and the Powder through expander feature. I think this should be do-able.

These are the older, shorter lee dies. I know that the sizer and seater are too short for the LNL with the LNL die bushings.

Does anyone know if this would be a problem for the powder drop die?

I don't have a 9mm shellplate yet otherwise I'd just check it for myself.

It worked for me. I have a newer auto disk that uses the chain that attaches to the Pro 1000's shelplate assembly. On the LNL, I couldn't determine an easy way to make sure the disk returned to starting postion because there was no place to attach the chain.

As far as case activation is concerned, it worked fine. 9mm.

Edited by glennn

My Lee dies are as much as 10 years old. The Autodisk powder measure works very well on my Hornady LnL AP. There is no room for error though. I had to remove an extra O-ring I was using on top of the riser in order to achieve any flare in the case mouth. That will not be a problem, if using a separate flaring station.

Parts are available to have the spring return system under the measure. Then you don't need the chain, and would not be bound to using the station directly over the chain retention. Use on a Hornady would require that.

Edited by at_liberty

• 1 month later...

Oh yea, the chain. I forgot about that. I will probably have to retrofit that with the spring assembly.

Thanks for the info and tips.

Simple cheap solution!

I used the allen cap screw that holds the primer feed body to mount a simple stanley repair strap.

Mine is 2 inches with the staggered offset holes. Using the various holes allows me to either position the lee pro powder measure in station two or three.

Watch the angle of this because it is possible to overhang the opposite end and bind on the primer slider arm. I can use the stand alone mouth flair die in station two and powder drop in station three or move the measure to station two and flair & drop in one position but I will have to get a new die body because I am out of thread and I only get 3 thousands of flare.

post-17928-022350200 1291601105_thumb.jp