Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got the XDM

JxMAN25

hey guys. got the gun today and 3 extra mags. I cant wait til saterday when i get to shoot it in a match. This is the XDM 4.5 inch barrel in 9mm. Scott did a triger job on it, put on a extended mag release, stippled the grip, and stuck on a red fiber optic front sight. Im in love with it. :goof::goof:

Well here are some pics.

MyXDM002.jpg

MyXDM001.jpg

Jesse

hey grumpy. i know i dident have any of my knives handy at the moment. i have been making knives for 6 months now. ill send you a pic if you want. oh and glynnm, depending on what you wanted done i think it would cost $300-$400 with everything that is done to myne. oh and that is counting labor. But with scotts work it is worth every penny. my trigger feels as good as a 1911 trigger. Jesse

hey grumpy. i know i dident have any of my knives handy at the moment. i have been making knives for 6 months now. ill send you a pic if you want. oh and glynnm, depending on what you wanted done i think it would cost $300-$400 with everything that is done to myne. oh and that is counting labor. But with scotts work it is worth every penny. my trigger feels as good as a 1911 trigger. Jesse

I bet it does feel pretty good, but unless you have fired a bunch, and I mean a bunch of 1911's, you probably wouldn't say that....I have (and have fired) some 1911's with very good triggers, and the worst of them is still better than the best trigger I've ever felt on a safe action gun. But, for what it is, it probably is gonna be about the best that it can be....

Sorry, Jesse... I just get tired of people saying their Glock/XDM/M&P trigger is as good as a 1911.

what makes the 1911 triggers so great??

Virtually no take up, crisp and clean break (ie-no grittiness), virtually no over travel, and of course short reset.

Also, the design of the trigger on a 1911 doesn't pivot like a safe action pistol trigger. It goes straight back.

Edited by d_striker

oh ok. so why does the 1911's have no take up, and no over travel? just because its single action only and the design?

Oh ya i will never use the holster and mag pouch it came with so the left half of the nice case is usless to me. The foam on the left comes all the way out and i am woundering if i can buy a insert so i can store all of my mags in the case? thanks jesse

Edited by JxMAN25

Not because it is SAO. there are other SAO pistols that still have crummy triggers.

I don't pretend to be a gunsmith though I do work on my own pistols and AR's. I am most familiar with the how the xd platform works.

I cant comment on the how the mechanics of the 1911 trigger system contributes to the overall performance. I just know how good most 1911 triggers feel.

Edited by d_striker

Awesome knife! What makes the 1911 trigger nice is the fact that you can customize it, almost down to an absolute 1 oz trigger pull (if that's what you want). With the XDM (and other polymer safe action guns), the trigger weight is dependent on the striker spring and other springs. Go too light with one, it won't reset, and you have problems. And that they are usually pivot triggers. I've fired some very good Glock triggers, some of them quite light, but still not as good as a 1911 trigger.

Edited by GrumpyOne