Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

self defense round in 686

IPSC_PRO

I have two hks speedloader with Winchester .38 spl. +P 125 Gr. JHP for home defense. I think that extra power will make it more effective in attaining the desired affect(stopping the bad guy) but not too powerful that if I should possibly miss, the round would continue out of my house into my neighbors house. We are just talking .686 or .357 magnum of another brand revo. Hope I didn't confuse anyone on that last part.

I guess when I think about it a 38special round can go house to house under certain circumstances. Like through my house window through my neighbor's window. I don't think normal window glass will slow down a 38special round enough to not cause harm. Maybe I should go for crotch shots instead of center mass shots. I got that idea from playing the pc first person shooter game, Combat Arms. Whenever someone makes a nut shot kill, it's annouced on the top left hand corner of the screen. There is also a nut icon to help indicate that. And when someone dies from a nut shot, they roll around the ground in complete agony and also making a weird agonizing sound. lol.