Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

xl650 spilling powder.....help!

Hey guys

Just shot my first 100 rounds of 40 with no FTE, FTF, or anything. I was happy. My problem now is I can't stop the powder spilling or bouncing out. I tried cutting down the detent spring modification. It still does it. What is everyone doing? Is this just normal? What else can i check for that could be causing this issue. Right now i am using VV N320 powder. It is annoying and making a bit of a mess not to mention my charge variations. I need this resolved so any thoughts on this? I'm all ears......

art

Hey guys

Just shot my first 100 rounds of 40 with no FTE, FTF, or anything. I was happy. My problem now is I can't stop the powder spilling or bouncing out. I tried cutting down the detent spring modification. It still does it. What is everyone doing? Is this just normal? What else can i check for that could be causing this issue. Right now i am using VV N320 powder. It is annoying and making a bit of a mess not to mention my charge variations. I need this resolved so any thoughts on this? I'm all ears......

art

Do a search for 650 fixes or 650 tips.

Lotsa info on how to fix that problem.

Are you using anything like a powder check or do you have an empty station at position 3? I place the bullet on the flared case at 3 instead of 4, it helps a little. Of course this will not work with a powder check.

I never had the issue evolve as I did this shell plate modification on my 650 after only the first 300 rounds. It makes a huge difference in the effort required to actuate the press and the shellplate is sooooo much smoother and noticably the previously notchy movement is tamed.