Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder River trigger kit

cali shot doc

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem finding the kit. Went so far as to get on the backorder lis at Powder River. Finally found the kits at: pistolaccents.com and 4 days later had the kit in Missouri. Took about an hour to install, and did take a bit of fitting- no big deal just a little patience. Like others, I had the cold issue where it would not shoot. My remedy was to wrap the gun in a ziplock and place it on my front porch in 5 degree weather for 40 minutes. I then sat on the porch in the cold and used the "sandpaper method" and 220 grit to slowly remove enough of the trigger hump so it would still fire while pushing down on the slide....... The difference from the factory trigger is AMAZING. I passed it around a bit where I shoot and everyone who tried it was impressed- including the gunsmith who owns the place- his comment was- "now you have no excusses for missing!" Trust me.... I always have an excuse or two laying dormant in my back pocket!

I had the same problem finding the kit. Went so far as to get on the backorder lis at Powder River. Finally found the kits at: pistolaccents.com and 4 days later had the kit in Missouri.

Thanks, I went to their site a few days ago and they were out of stock. I decided to look elsewhere and found it on Brownell's, so I ordered it a couple days ago.. hoping to get shipping confirmation tomorrow.

It finally made it here! Powder River ultimate match trigger assy from Brownells. After messing with it for a while yesterday, I finally understand where are the parts go and how the system works (all my experience is with 1911's). Today I look forward to fitting the parts and trying it at the range. I'll keep everyone posted.

Wow, what a difference! I do have to remove more of the overstop since I was getting the light primer strikes, although it went away after 100 rounds. I'll remove some more of it today. I also did some sanding of the trigger surface (the edges were a bit sharp where it meets the trigger safety piece). Now it's around 4 lbs with little take up and short overtravel. I would say it feels like it's only 40% of the original trigger pull (length of pull). Now the only thing I want to change is the little spring for the middle trigger piece (safety part)... It's a bit heavier than I want. Anyone mess with this before?

Update. Huge difference!! Accuracy and splits greatly improved. I had a .15 yesterday that I haven't had since I shot open. The biggest difference is on tight shots, 12y partial with no shoot was no problem at all. After removing more of the overtravel stop, everything works perfect and at 3.5 lbs and very short take up and over-travel, it's a dream to shoot.

• 3 weeks later...