Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yet another HK question

pangris

OK. I like the USP Expert. I would like to shoot the 9mm in Production since I plan to shoot the 40 Expert in Limited - no problems there.It is specifically named as not being allowed because of the factory magwell, which I can remove in 10 seconds.

From zee book -

HK45 45ACP (32 oz.), HK45 Compact 45ACP (28.2 oz.), P 30L 9mm (27.6 oz.), P2000 (22 oz.), P30 9mm (25.6 oz.), P30L v3 9mm (28 oz.), P7 (28 oz.), P8 (25.3 oz.), USP 45 Auto (30.4 oz.), USP 9mm (27.1 oz.), USP Compact 9mm (25.5 oz.), USP Compact .40 S&W (26.4 oz.), USP Compact 45 Auto (28.2 oz.), USP Compact Stainless 9mm (25.5 oz.), USP Compact Tactical .45 (30.1 oz.), USP Tactical 40 .40 S&W (32.4 oz.), USP Tactical 45 .45acp (32.5 oz.), USP Tactical 9mm (29.2 oz.), USP40 .40S&W (29.2 oz.), USP9SD 9mm (28.2 oz.)

Tactical models in DAO only. DAO DA/SA models only. USP Expert and Combat Competition not allowed due to magwell.

So, if I take off the magwell...

Thoughts?

I *think* the reason it was not listed is because the factory shipped model has the magwell. By removing it, it's an external modification and therefore not a stock platform. In order to be considered the unmodified platform must meet certain criteria. That's my thought anyway. Had they shipped a model that didn't include the magwell (maybe they did, I know very little about the platform) it might be considered.

So, if I take off the magwell...

Thoughts?

If you take off the magwell, the gun still isn't on the list, right?

Maybe if Hk pushed for the gun to meet the Production requirements without the magwell on it (2,000 produced, readily available, gun weight, etc.) ?

Funny, Flex. :) I ask because they said it was a specific magwell issue, and...

6342127391051680114dxgp0kj.jpg

Factory gun, no magwell.

5.2" bbl, the 6"+ bbl is the Elite model.

It is more than a little annoying to have your gun of choice specifically excluded due to a magwell when it is available without the magwell.

I have standard USP 9mms that I do shoot, but it is similar to the G17 vs G34 thing. The expert has another inch of sight radius, another inch of weight out front, etc.

C'est la vie.

Funny, Flex. :) I ask because they said it was a specific magwell issue, and...

I wasn't joking. I was asking. The gun just isn't on the list, right...other than to say it is specifically excluded (magwell)?

Without the magwell, it still needs to make the list, have a weight given, and meet whatever other criteria there might be to get on the list in the first place.

I've never been a big fan of the "list". But, we have it. If you want to get a gun onto the list, get in touch with the Director of NROI (Amidon) and see what he needs to have to make it happen. In our sport, these things are kind of a proactive process. Either the shooter or the gun company would need to drive the process.