Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPRINGFIELD 9MM TARGET

SAMURAI1970

If your running 10 round mags I don't think they would work very well. I've given up on anything but perfect round nose bullets with 10 round mags.

Corey - What are you running now ?

I get great feeding with Lead flat points, but have issues with the Zero and Remington JHP flat points.

If your running 10 round mags I don't think they would work very well. I've given up on anything but perfect round nose bullets with 10 round mags.

Corey - What are you running now ?

I get great feeding with Lead flat points, but have issues with the Zero and Remington JHP flat points.

The lead your using is probably a little soft and is getting dented and riding up the ramp. The JHP is hitting and the jacket is harder and stopping would be my guess. I use MG CMJs. The zero FMJs work well as well but have a exposed lead base. Remember that 9mm and .40 single stacks can be a pain as the gun just wasn't designed for those rounds and will take some playing. If you have 38 super mags try loading long to see if that works. I use Tripp 9mm mags with the spacer as I load my 9mm to 1.150 and don't have any issues. Then again my gun will work with Tripp 38 super mags as well. My gun has been around the block quite a bit and my smith as pretty much tuned it up to run perfect as long as the nut behind the trigger does his job.

I use Dardas 122 FN cast bullets with 9 round Metelform mags no problem and I use Dawson Precision 10 round magazine with the same FN bullet and they feed in my Springfield 9mm and my Les Baer 9mm. Both of these guns will feed a empty case without a bullet in it with either 10 round or 9 round magazines. If it will feed an empty case it will feed a FN cast bullet no Problem. I have run over 6,000 between the two 1911 The Springer and the Les Baer. No problems at all. Same with Mastercastbullets 125 grain FN.

I use Dardas 122 FN cast bullets with 9 round Metelform mags no problem and I use Dawson Precision 10 round magazine with the same FN bullet and they feed in my Springfield 9mm and my Les Baer 9mm. Both of these guns will feed a empty case without a bullet in it with either 10 round or 9 round magazines. If it will feed an empty case it will feed a FN cast bullet no Problem. I have run over 6,000 between the two 1911 The Springer and the Les Baer. No problems at all. Same with Mastercastbullets 125 grain FN.

Picked it up yesterday. Shoots great but upon further inspection I noticed the hole for the thumb safety on the left side is actually oblong. This is my fourth Springfield and the first time I have seen this.

• 2 weeks later...