Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

rails for xd's?

Max It

Guys,

My xd9-tactical is doing as well as it can at steel reactive targets. Maybe I can do better with a red dot sight. But where do I find one? I hear 'Ace' has one but it rides too high. Any intel out there?

Much obliged,

Max

instead of spending a lot of money on a red dot sight maybe just practice a little more with your factory sights. At first i had trouble but I spent a lot of time on getting use to the sights and now it's automatic. Just getting a red dot sight isn't going to automatically make the bullet hit the steel :roflol:

instead of spending a lot of money on a red dot sight maybe just practice a little more with your factory sights. At first i had trouble but I spent a lot of time on getting use to the sights and now it's automatic. Just getting a red dot sight isn't going to automatically make the bullet hit the steel :roflol:

The OP never said anything about not being able to hit the steel. A red dot sight is faster than irons, period. Many people surprise themselves at how fast they are able to shoot with a red dot sight and then decrease their Limited gun times after experiencing the speed as well.

Anyway, OP-there are a couple of mounts at PistolGear.

Here is one:

http://www.pistolgear.com/proddetail.php?prod=XD-HUNT

Edited by d_striker

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Striker, and Guys,

Thanks for the reminder of PistolGear; they have the Carver Mount and the CR holster I would need, at reduced prices. My RM says he can find a red dot for $60 that is good. And he can Dremel the CR holster to fit it. So I would be out around 3 bills. Better than my previous off the cuff calculation of 600. This makes the upgrade tantilizing.

I am still left with the fact that I have buggered up my nice looking XD as well as starting my own collection of not used sights; one set of trijicon, one set of Dawson Competition. Not to mention that with a open gun I am now in competition with a whole lot of younger and faster shooters. Decisions, decisions.

Much obliged,

Max