Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What lb recoil spring do you like with the xd9?

cali shot doc

I have a xd9 tactical shooting mainly 115g tmj/fmj reloads or what ever is cheap. I believe the stock/factory spring is 18# and was wondering what # spring people have gone to or prefer?

Anyone know the lbs it takes to pull the trigger? I tried researching this stuff but haven't found a good site. Any suggestions where I can get all the basic facts for the xd9 tactical?

Also my sights seem to be shooting at a 12 o'clock hold.....is this typical for xd's

Thanks everyone for whatever info you can share!

CSD

Currently running Wolf 16# in my XD9 tactical. Works well with 124 and 147 gr loads. Trigger pull on my stock gun is right at 5 lbs after approximately 2500 rds. Pre-travel and over travel are more of an issue in shooting fast than trigger pull. Either Springer or PRP kit going in next to correct length of pull and reset. Tons of info on XD's at XDTalk.

I have a xd9 tactical shooting mainly 115g tmj/fmj reloads or what ever is cheap. I believe the stock/factory spring is 18# and was wondering what # spring people have gone to or prefer?

Anyone know the lbs it takes to pull the trigger? I tried researching this stuff but haven't found a good site. Any suggestions where I can get all the basic facts for the xd9 tactical?

Also my sights seem to be shooting at a 12 o'clock hold.....is this typical for xd's

Thanks everyone for whatever info you can share!

CSD

17# is factory standard. i wouldn't recommend going lighter with major (or factory loads). while you can go a pound lighter, you *may* run into cycling issues if you lighten your load too much. the factory slide is quite heavy -- requiring the 17#. to get reliable cycling with lighter loads, you may have to have your slide lightened. if you don't, expect to replace the lighter spring every 1000 or so rounds. they will fatigue more rapidly due to the slide weight.

different height front sights are available to adjust POA to POI, but i would find a standard load before changing sights.