Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow Custom right hand side safety only?

G34 CORDY

Iam not sure on the pull on the Target but I can tell you the Custom is sweet!!! Angus did alittle extra work on mine but it cost me a extra $100 but it was worth it. I cant believe that trigger pull is production legal. lol

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, new pistol. it will be kinda alien for a while. hell, i picked up this sp-01 bone stock this march and slapped some parts on it. i went from tanking low C to shooting an 82% today and now i have a trophy wall since i got that thing. i am pretty sure i'm going to be auto-bumped to A class after area 8 last weekend when i beat all the A's and most of the M's. i'm lovin' this thing.

course now that i said that, i'm going to tank ga state next week. :roflol:

any CZ that rolls out of either angus' or mink's shop is going to be about 6lb/2lb or better (depending on what primer you specify you are using), and will reset the moment the trigger comes off the overtravel screw. people who use federal primers can usually go a bit lighter since the primer is softer. i once for a cz 40b SAO conversion done and got the trigger pull down dangerously low, one guy said it was nicer than his benchrest rifle. :devil:

yup. gotta use federal primers. the DA pull can only get as so light. the energy used to pull the trigger is roughly the same energy exerted by the compressed hammer spring onto the hammer onto firing pin onto the primer. the rest of a light double action pull is found in proper geometry and polishing.

justaute, go check out the cz forum. it ain't all that hard. eerw, myself, and others have how-to guides up there.

I've only bumped the safety on once with my Shadow. I was reloading and my thumb must have flipped it up somehow. It was during a real hoser stage during this years Texas State Limited. Cost me a couple seconds because I could figure out why nothing was happening when I pulled the trigger. Doh!

I cant wait to get use to the CZ because I know my scores are going to improve, I can already tell my 2A's are getting better and better than before. I just cant say enough good things about it. :cheers:

JorDano I did the same thing today I thought I locked my pistol up but the saftey was on. I was trying to pull back the slide I dropped my mag and tried to clear a jam then the RO said your safetys on lol. I must of been there 10 seconds.

Edited by G34 CORDY

Thanks, I'll do just that. My current pull isn't bad at 7.6#/3.7# DA/SA.

yup. gotta use federal primers. the DA pull can only get as so light. the energy used to pull the trigger is roughly the same energy exerted by the compressed hammer spring onto the hammer onto firing pin onto the primer. the rest of a light double action pull is found in proper geometry and polishing.

justaute, go check out the cz forum. it ain't all that hard. eerw, myself, and others have how-to guides up there.

nothing wrong with those pull weights. my ex-carry 75b was probably 8/3 just because i wanted it to absolutely go bang. i made up for it by having a trigger pull like glass. you didn't notice the extra weight from the smoothness.

i never clean my primary comp gun so it's always on the gritty side, lmao

burningsquirrels....did you clip your hammer spring? Will this "self trigger job" work with factory loads? I have yet to start re-loading.

with a stock hammer, a 15 lb hammer spring should work just fine with factory loads. some run 13 with no issues. i would also change the recoil spring to 11 lb which works for most. the only way to tune a recoil spring is to shoot rounds at a fixed rate and see where they track. but 11 lb works for most comp loads. i know some with 10, some with 13. it depends on you and your ammo.

check the cz FAQ for common break-in and issues, it has many good notes in there.

Thanks. I just replaced the hammer spring with a 13# and the recoil spring with a 11#. Thus far, the trigger already feels a bit better. My 7.6# DA and 3.7# SA are with the stock 16#/14# hammer/recoil springs that come with the stock Shadow Target. Not sure what my current DA/SA pull weight is. I don't have a pull scale.

with a stock hammer, a 15 lb hammer spring should work just fine with factory loads. some run 13 with no issues. i would also change the recoil spring to 11 lb which works for most. the only way to tune a recoil spring is to shoot rounds at a fixed rate and see where they track. but 11 lb works for most comp loads. i know some with 10, some with 13. it depends on you and your ammo.

check the cz FAQ for common break-in and issues, it has many good notes in there.