Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN SLP Sling

HOA

Allright Guys, The existing sling mounts do not sling the rifle correctly. Does anyone know of a Sling adapter that fits between the receiver and buttsock, like an AR? What other guns have similar receiver to buttstock configurations. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is the route I took with my 930 JM Pro; this way it can share the same slings I use with my ARs. Eventually, I want to get to the point where all my long guns have QD sockets on them to be able to move my slings from one weapon to another.

930stock1.jpg

930stock2.jpg

• 1 month later...

We just came out with a 1 to 2 point sling system for the SLP. Check us out on Facebook: American Firearms Solutions, LLC | Facebook

We currently use the Magpul ASAP as our primary sling mount, but other sling mount options are available upon request. Please e-mail Daniel Riordan at daniel.patrick.riordan@gmail.com for details and any questions you may have.

post-31587-0-50500900-1338725535_thumb.j

post-31587-0-25429000-1338725671_thumb.j

post-31587-0-74395900-1338725745_thumb.j

This is the route I took with my 930 JM Pro; this way it can share the same slings I use with my ARs. Eventually, I want to get to the point where all my long guns have QD sockets on them to be able to move my slings from one weapon to another.

930stock1.jpg

930stock2.jpg

Wow, that looks really nice! How secure is that mount? I ended up using sling material between the receiver and stock but it is not a quick detach like your option. I just wonder if having a fully loaded shotty, 6 in the caddy and 2 by the port will over power that QD socket? Another question I'd have is if you can position that QD socket closer to the front vs the rear of the stock.

Edited by racine

Wow, that looks really nice! How secure is that mount? I ended up using sling material between the receiver and stock but it is not a quick detach like your option. I just wonder if having a fully loaded shotty, 6 in the caddy and 2 by the port will over power that QD socket? Another question I'd have is if you can position that QD socket closer to the front vs the rear of the stock.

It feels pretty solid, but I haven't done much running around with a loaded shotgun with it, so I can't tell for sure. As far as moving the socket around, it mostly will depend on the design of the stock you're mounting it on. If your stock is hollow in the area where you want the QD socket mounted, then it should work fine.