Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gota used Benelli M2 It shoots very high need suggestions

M ammo

Ok I put a bit of Kydex on the barrel,,, it started about an inch high, and shot at 50 yards,, I cut off a bit and made a shot,, I walked it up the, target,, untill I got good hits at 50,,, I did the beer math, and sent my Money to Brownells for a bunch of parts,,,

I'll put them,, on tomorrow,, and do more testing,,

Jim M ammo

That fully adjustable front sight looks good as it is. You don't need those parts from Brownells.

Ok I put a bit of Kydex on the barrel,,, it started about an inch high, and shot at 50 yards,, I cut off a bit and made a shot,, I walked it up the, target,, untill I got good hits at 50,,, I did the beer math, and sent my Money to Brownells for a bunch of parts,,,

I'll put them,, on tomorrow,, and do more testing,,

Jim M ammo

That fully adjustable front sight looks good as it is. You don't need those parts from Brownells.

You are Right!!! But seeing I have a week before the next match,,,, I'll try to fit in,,

some pics of the project,,,,

I'll shoot it here in a bit,,, fingers crossed!!

Jim M ammo

post-11233-069367500 1283624952_thumb.jp

post-11233-005385100 1283625006_thumb.jp

post-11233-044465600 1283625033_thumb.jp

post-11233-016972900 1283625076_thumb.jp

post-11233-028721400 1283625122_thumb.jp

post-11233-073433600 1283625167_thumb.jp

So how did the aiming come out? Was it the dot at 100 or the base flush with the rear sight? And did you have to drift it left or right, or did I actually get it centered and level?

I had to drift, the rear sight to the left,, like we talked about,, to get it on,, right to left,,

and from the top of the rear to the bottom of the green dot,, is 50,,, at 100 I hold high,, and it drops in,,, it is OK,,

Mill off the steel front sight & install a 50 thousands higher fiber optic. You then can change to higher or lower sights.

This is the answer.

That was the answer,,, silver soldering the ramp on was the tricky part,,, it is a mater of having the tools, and soms skills,,

• 1 month later...

Do you have finsihed pcitures of yours? Sounds good too.

I'll have to take some,,,

I went and put a new rear sight on too,,, the rear came out just OK,,,, not pretty,, but it works great,,

Jim M ammo

My gun... Dead on the money with slugs... cheers.gif

Merlin.. what rear sight are you using with this?

No rear sight on this gun.... I had one on another Benelli and while it was "OK" I really think out to 100 yards I can hit hit just fine without one.... I just take an extra .1 to make sure I have a good mount and shoot the FO like it is the dot in a C More....

Edited by Merlin Orr

• 1 month later...

Do you have finsihed pcitures of yours? Sounds good too.

I'll have to take some,,,

I went and put a new rear sight on too,,, the rear came out just OK,,,, not pretty,, but it works great,,

Jim M ammo

Any chance for some pics?

Want to send my barrel out over the winter...

Thanks!

Merlin - what front sight is that? It looks really sturdy.

One of the disadvantages (lol) of having your buddy as your gunsmith is that I just tell him to fix it and don't even ask how... or what..... Call Benny and he can fill you in...

It is a very robust sight. I bang the gun around and never worry about it being damaged. No problems with my mistreatment of the Benelli so far... cheers.gif

• 1 year later...

The Gun runs very dependably, it has a 20 inch benelli barrel with the stock rifle sights.

At 15 yards it will shoot a slug 6+ inches high,

At 50 yards, 18+ inches High.

At 100 I couldn’t get it to hit the paper, 2 feet X 4 feet I held at the bottom.

So I have some ideas of what to do to try and get the gun shooting.

I don’t have a barrel bending jig, but I do have a shop and if no other suggestion comes in,

I’m gong the barrel bending route, first, sights down, and put pressure right in the middle, and keep doing test shots until???????? Something happens.

Any other good Ideas,,, Will be appreciated

Did you ever get your Benelli shooting strait?

The Gun runs very dependably, it has a 20 inch benelli barrel with the stock rifle sights.

At 15 yards it will shoot a slug 6+ inches high,

At 50 yards, 18+ inches High.

At 100 I couldn't get it to hit the paper, 2 feet X 4 feet I held at the bottom.

So I have some ideas of what to do to try and get the gun shooting.

I don't have a barrel bending jig, but I do have a shop and if no other suggestion comes in,

I'm gong the barrel bending route, first, sights down, and put pressure right in the middle, and keep doing test shots until???????? Something happens.

Any other good Ideas,,, Will be appreciated

Did you ever get your Benelli shooting strait?

YES,,, ended up putting new sights on it,, works well!! did the silver sodering and all that,, in a buddies Garage,,,

Don't silver solder, use a dovetail cut and you can drift right or left for windage

I ended up Silver Soldering Remington Rifle sights on the gun,,

plenty of adjustment, and Slug Zero changes from tim to time, so I just keep Re-zeroing as needed,

I also started zeroing slugs at 100yds it has worked out well so far,