Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Revolver shooter

TRev1911

I just picked up a used 625 -4, It has an SDM fiber optic sight, CCW cylander release button and stock grips. It has a decent trigger. It also came with a 5 post Northern Mountain Moon clip holder, Bladetech DOH holster and 100 moon clips. I made some dummy rounds and have been trying strong and weak hand reloads. I would like to get the cylander champered - is it worth the money to get the whole carmonize treatment ?

Welcome to the Revo world! Yes it is. Once you get it back you will enjoy shooting the gun long after the price is forgotten. A well tuned revolver is a very different animal than a stock one.

Edited by Toolguy

A good trigger is going to make way more difference than anything else you can buy! I like to do my own work, but I've shot both Randy Lee and Carmonized guns and they're incredible. Practice those reloads, and you're there!

I just picked up a Carmonized 627. It's increadible. You can't go wrong with Mike or if you choose, Randy Lee at Apex Tacticle. What's nice about having 100 moon clips is you can load them all up and go to the range and not worry about loading them for the rest of the day.

That will give you time to work on your shooting and your reloads. When you go to a match always load up enough moons to get you through the match plus 10 extras for reshoots. You never know when that may happen. Then you can consentrate on what you are supposed to be doing at the match and not rushing around to reload moons.

Good luck, good shooting.