Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tubes For Tac / Lim

dirtypool40

Guys, I am having a shotgun built, not gonna tell you what, don't want to start that argument. The question is I have seen some local guy with 9 round tubes and 22" barrels, and other guys with 8 rounders and 24" barrels.

I am going to shoot USPSA limited with it, but may shoot some "tactical" matches as I can get to them. I want the shortest gun with the most rounds allowed.

Is there a different limit at the big TAC matches? Is there any sort of consistency in the rules? I mean should I chase the rules or just hope they stabilize to something close to USPSA LIM?

Thanks.....

Normally a gun built for limited(USPSA-9 rnds max) will be just fine in a Tac match. Some match rules stipulate no more than 1" difference in length between the barrel and mag tube, so that's something to consider. A barrel that is slightly shorter than the mag tube also affords a little protection for the end of the barrel/choke tube in tight situations.

You have to be careful with the language, some comanies 8 round tubes hold 7 + 1 in the gun. I put on a 9 round tube and I am glad as I can get 8 slugs in the tube while some of my friends who use a 8 round tubes can only get 7. Usually doesn't matter but it could I guess.