Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Former lurker now a member

True Grit

Hello all, after lurking around here for a bit soaking in lots of good info I thought it was time to regester and participate. I have been shooting for quite a while and used to hunt but competition shooting is a new thing for me and am excited to jump into it with both feet. I love wheelguns and have been bitten with the ICORE bug & hope to go shoot a California Wheelburners match soon. Something that I have been putting off for about a year due the arrival of my baby daughter, but it looks like my time in baby jail is up and I will have a little more free time. My plan is to take it slow & safe and have a lot of fun.

Are revolvers thos guns with the thingies that go round and round? And when you open it of all the bullets fall out on the ground? When I first started poicing in 1982, we were required to carry revolvers. Some of the best shooting I ever did was with a Smith and Wesson (Am I allowed to say Smith and Wesson to a person from California?) 4" Model 66 with 148 grain wadcutters on teh old PPC courses. One of my favorite revolvers is a K frame .357 with a Colt Python 6" barrel. They used to be called a Smython or a Smolt. Welcome.

^^^^^ Yep thems the ones, & if you are talking to someone from CA who looks at you doe eyed when you say S&W just explain that it's like a Glock Fo-Tay but old skool. I am also very fond of K rames and no matter how well I shoot my 1911 or Sigs if my butt was on the line give me a S&W model 10 or 19. Thanks for the welcome folks.