Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moveable iron sights for Metallic Division?

Resjudicata

I guess what I am asking is it seems like this might be too many things to do. Need to remember “front click to the R. back click one click up” :surprise: . And this may sound juvenile but for the coast of front and rear sights and installation. I can get almost 10k-9k rounds loaded. And practice my butt off :cheers: . Even though gadgets are awesome and can help a good shooter become better. I think I am going to start on the practice side first.

The gun that I have now will do 1.5 – 2 in at 50. So I will slowly save for a really nice build and for now practice and have fun.

Does anyone have a practice schedule that they follow? Something like day1,2,3,4,5 do this or-that. Thanks.

I guess what I am asking is it seems like this might be too many things to do. Need to remember “front click to the R. back click one click up” :surprise: . And this may sound juvenile but for the coast of front and rear sights and installation. I can get almost 10k-9k rounds loaded. And practice my butt off :cheers: . Even though gadgets are awesome and can help a good shooter become better. I think I am going to start on the practice side first.

The gun that I have now will do 1.5 – 2 in at 50. So I will slowly save for a really nice build and for now practice and have fun.

Does anyone have a practice schedule that they follow? Something like day1,2,3,4,5 do this or-that. Thanks.

Hey, if you can shoot 1.5 to 2 inches all the time at fifty then you probably already know what to do. Just practice how you already are and come to the cup next year. It's a great match that is well worth the time and cost involved.

How are your mover scores? I got the front sight because if I can gain some points on the mover then it's worth it. My mover scores aren't bad for my shooting level even without the special front sight. I'm usually 20-35 points down on the mover unless I do something really dumb. But, the cost may be worth it for some extra points on that stage.

BTW, there is a reason why all the open guys use the StickShift which does the same thing as this front sight. Every point helps. :cheers:

Chris

Hey, if you can shoot 1.5 to 2 inches all the time at fifty then you probably already know what to do. Just practice how you already are and come to the cup next year. It's a great match that is well worth the time and cost involved.

How are your mover scores? I got the front sight because if I can gain some points on the mover then it's worth it. My mover scores aren't bad for my shooting level even without the special front sight. I'm usually 20-35 points down on the mover unless I do something really dumb. But, the cost may be worth it for some extra points on that stage.

BTW, there is a reason why all the open guys use the StickShift which does the same thing as this front sight. Every point helps. :cheers:

Chris

You have defiantly misunderstood what I said. I believe my statement was “The gun that I have now will do 1.5 – 2 in at 50” I never said I can do that. LOL that is why I need practice. I am a totally new shooter. My friend and I went to the cup for the first time this year.

Ahh, okay. Now I understand. I agree that practice is definitely the thing to do in the beginning.

Have you checked around with shooting ranges in your area to see if there are any Action Pistol clubs? One on one instruction and help is certainly the best way to learn.

Otherwise, I would get some AP targets and start shooting the time limits and positions from the Practical stage and get some paper plates and shoot the time limits and positions from the plates stage.

Chris

Look up the specific help sections.

Especially the mover, you don't need a mover to begin with. But you need to know how much to lead when you do strike a mover. Mover can be practised on static targets. Just read the instruction given previously inthe specifci help topic and get to it.

Ahh, okay. Now I understand. I agree that practice is definitely the thing to do in the beginning.

Have you checked around with shooting ranges in your area to see if there are any Action Pistol clubs? One on one instruction and help is certainly the best way to learn.

Otherwise, I would get some AP targets and start shooting the time limits and positions from the Practical stage and get some paper plates and shoot the time limits and positions from the plates stage.

Chris

Is their a list of participating clubs somewhere? I cannot find a list any where. Thanks

Chris

Is their a list of participating clubs somewhere? I cannot find a list any where. Thanks

That I don't know. There is a serious lack on info readily available on the web about AP. I would ask around at the local private ranges to see if there is anyone who shoots AP. Also, post a new thread here to ask if anyone knows of a club in your area.

But, you can practice plates, practical and barricade on your own without a local club. For plates just find some white paper plates the right size and make a rack out of a 2x4 to staple them to. For practical you just need some way to hold the targets. And for the barricade you can use the target stands you use for the practical and just stick a pole in the ground and practice shooting around it while keeping your feet on the side opposite the side you are shooting from.

I would ask around to see if anyone else shoots the sport to help you learn but if not then I would just practice what you can for now and maybe try and start a club yourself.

Chris

The NRA have a complete list of santioned matches and therefore the list of those clubs shooting sanctioned matches. Contact Damiem at the NRA or pm NRAActionPistol on this forum and he will point you in the right direction.

Once you have found the sanctioned clubs the members there will be able to point out those clubs that shoot regularly but do not hold big matches, but will be the best place for you to start.

This way you will be able to find liek minded peopel within a reasonable distance for you to shoot with them.