Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.308 Magpul mags for HM

Mattog22

I tried to search because I know this has to have been covered but I can't come up with anything. How are the magpul mags working the the DPMS .308 rifles? Seems like the reviews on the vendors sites all say good things but I wanted to hear from competitors that are using them. Rifle isn't in yet but I may get some mags to have when it gets here. Also, are there any other 20 rd mags people are using?

Thanks

Matt

I don't have a DPMS, but I do use the PMAG's in 308 and they work perfectly with my JP. The only time I had trouble was when I somehow wedged in 21 by accident. I normally download them to 19 for easier closed bolt reloads after the beep, but I don't think many (if any) others do.

I really like mine, but, a freind has had a couple that cracked. They sent him new ones with no questions asked. :cheers:

I tried some C-products, and couldn't even get some of them in my gun. :surprise:

I had some early C Products mags that would barely hold an incredibly tight 18 and would not consistently drop free from either of my DPMS lowers. Customer service was great with a refund and I understand the issues have been remedied.

Magpuls work great in my gun with factory length ammo. I haven't done much loading for my .308 yet but I understand that anything longer than factory length .308 can cause feeding issues in the PMAGS.

The two DPMS mags I have are just fine.

Edited by smokshwn

The Magpul 308 P-mags and C-Products 308 mags should fit the following 308 lowers:

DPMS LR-308

Remington R-25

JP 308

KAC SR25

Larue OSR

LWRC REPR

POF P-308

Bushmaster ORC-308

Thanks for the list but I was actually asking about reliability since I know they will fit a DPMS

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a DPMS LR-308, and I ran it with both the PMags and the DPMS Mags. I particularly like the PMags much more for a few reasons. First being that I do competitions and the PMags are true 20-round magazines that I could load full and still seat easily in the rifle with the bolt closed. The DPMS Mags are officially 19-round magazines and you'd have to drop one or two rounds to do the same. Second, when doing competitions, I often re-load on the move and sometimes accidentally step on my own dropped mag. So far, the PMags I've stepped on held up, but I've had two DPMS mags that was easily damaged and unusable. A slight dent on the lip of a metal mag could make it unreliable. And lastly, PMags at $20 each are by far cheaper than DPMS mags. I now run with only PMags.