Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoring System - BC

Allan H

All,

I am posting this for Craig - proposed scoring system for the BC - any thoughts?????

I am just sending you some thoughts I am having about the cup. The way we score at the moment is X,10 8 and 5 but does this truly reward the best shooter? Is the best person the one who puts 192 shots in an 8" circle or the one who put 191 in a 4 " circle and one in the 8 ring?

I played around with the scores from this year’s cup and you would be surprised how things changed.

We keep trying to come up with a way to make it better. How about this?

X becomes 10, 10 becomes 9, 8 as 8 and 5 as 5. A shooter is not out of the game with one or two bad shots or a missed plate.

Have a look at this.

Name Current system proposed system

Doug K 1920 177x 1907

Bruce P 1918 183 x 1909

Kevin A 1918 169x 1895

George M 1918 151x 1877

Tony H 1916 159x 1875

Richard 1914 138x 1860

Andrea 1912 153x 1873

Travis 1912 146x 1866

Chris 1912 138x 1858

John 1911 163x 1882

That was a Ideai I thought about a few years ago when NRA Changed the rules to standing att distances. This would make it really interesting for the results then make sure we would work a lot hard to shoot in the 4" (XRING). This would make it a lot closer to win a match and as you said if you hit a 8 or miss a plate you still have a really good chance of being in the top.

This was kicked around a few years ago and died on the vine.

You would have to throw out everyone's classification and start over. We are having a hard time getting new shooters to try it and stick with it as it is. For those of us that shoot this game all the time it doesn't sound like a bad idea. All this really does is makes a 1920 pretty much impossible. The same shooters will stay at the top. They will just no longer be separated by X's.

I'm all for the status quo for now. We have had so many rule changes in the past few years that it is time to let things settle and hopefully the sport will grow.

I'd like to see the events change around but that too will have to wait.

I am with Kevin.

The only logical change I can come up with would be to go to outward gauging on all scoring areas except the C (5) as we would have to redesign the target for anything else. This will essentially reduce the size of each scoring area by .714" (.357 x 2) as most use 9mm or 38Spl. Those that run larger calibers have a handicap in any event so it will be an even playing field.

You will haveto add in an X ring for your proposal as we will still need a tie breaker.

My plan would kick me in the arse, as I rely on just nicking so many into the ten ring as it is.

But right now, until we have a shootoff with 4 or 5 shooters for 1920 192x, leave it as it stands.

But don't stop coming up with ideas as you may hit the one we all have been waiting for.