Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow - Ammo base plate rubs the magwell?

justaute

All,

Have a quick question. I have a Shadow Target. I just noticed when I load the magazine, with ammo in it, the ammo base/plate barely hits the inside, top of the magwell. This is especially so when the magazine is inserted at an angle. The part of the frame/magwell rubbed is located at the top of the magwell opening, just above the magazine brake pin. Further, the frame finish has been rubbed off in that area.

Is this normal? Any input is appreciated.

Ken

p.s. the top/back-side of the magazine also barely rubs the same frame area.

Edited by justaute

I know what you are talking about.

I had one 75B a long time ago where that seemed to happen a lot. not sure if it was a mag(s) with that particular gun or what. I ended up cutting a relief on the frame so there would be clearance for the round .

Other than that one gun, I have had several other CZs where that was not an issue.

Edited by eerw

Thanks for the quick reply, eerw. Here are three pictures of the "rubbed" area. What should I do? It does not prevent the magazine from going into the well. It just partially impedes it and slows down the insertion process; and, I need to position the magazine more "up-right."

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

Thanks, Daniel. Try inserting the mag with the top tilted back a bit. So, when I reload, sometimes I dip the muzzle of the gun a bit and that yields a similar result. In fact, if you just remove one of the grip panels, you can slowly insert the mag (loaded or not) and see whether the rubbing happens.

Hey Jastaute,

I will check out my Shadow Target for this problem when I pick it up this Friday. So one can feel it hitting if you insert the mag more vertical/towards the back?

Daniel