Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

T1 or T2 comp

SnivelingDramaQueen

It's been a while but I had my T-1 and loved it. Had 4 small holes behind it. Gives you a shorty feel but still a 5". There should be some pictures somewhere around here. Used HS-7 and n350, 7 was the winner but I dont think they make it anymore.

Ok, I'm going to stick my neck out here a bit. I looked at the new version of the TruBor barrel/comp at the TX State Limited a couple weeks ago. They have changed it a bit and in my opinion and apparently theirs it is improved. I would go with the bigger comp.

I just got back from the range testing my new 5" 9 major barrel with a Dawson Awesome comp on it. I used the same load I use in my shorty and the avg was 1416 fps with 125gr Zero. In my opinion and no one else has shot the gun it was very sweet shooting. My shorty is border line violent but still on the sweet side. The point is the Dawson is a huge 4 port comp and again I'll say in my opinion it shoots very nice, I can say I love it. My shorty has a Brazos and the new TruBor comp look a lot like the Brazos in its design except for the holes in the side and I think and note "think" its a very good comp, I have one on my 38 Super and I can say it shoots sweet as 2 Open GM's have shot it and they agree it is very nice. No holes.

For a picture of the dawson awsome just go to the classifieds, there is a very nice 9 mm major open gun there for sale which happens to have a Dawson Comp. These were previously called Todd Jarrett comps. I said it was nice that is my opinion, well heck it is nice, the finish is very appealing. I spent all my money on flooring and I am working the honey dew list else I would snag it, but then it would be lost in the divorce anyway.roflol.gif

As always your milage may very depenging on your skill level and other factors.