Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need TALLER front sight (Benelli M2 )

Derek45

I had a 10/22 rear sight installed on my Benelli M2

Now she shoots about 12" low at 25 yards. Yikes !

I need a TALLER front sight. I believe the Benelli threads are 3-56

Brownells has several replacement fiber beads, but which one is the tallest?

Thanks

IMGP9061.jpg

The general rule is the rear sight is moved in the same direction you wish to move the point of impact. If your shotgun shoots low you need to either raise your rear sight or a shorter front bead. It looks like from the photo that you have some remaining elevation adjustment and can raise the notch in the rear sight. If you raise the notch in the rear sight it will raise the point of impact on the target.

If you raise the rear sight to the max and the point of impact is still low, then you need a shorter front bead.

Phil G

Edited by Phil G

Derek,

I had the same issue. I deepened the notch a bit with a small round file, and made a spacer to go under a HiViz Comp front fiber optic sight. It's .156 high, but, .187 would have been better. Since the HiViz comes with an assortment of screws for the common threads, I used the one for the Benelli to hold the riser to the rib, and the 6-48 to hold the sight to the base.

I made the riser out of steel,so I could cold blue it, and used 3M double sided tape for additional mounting stability.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

Derek,

I had the same issue. I deepened the notch a bit with a small round file, and made a spacer to go under a HiViz Comp front fiber optic sight. It's .156 high, but, .187 would have been better. Since the HiViz comes with an assortment of screws for the common threads, I used the one for the Benelli to hold the riser to the rib, and the 6-48 to hold the sight to the base.

I made the riser out of steel,so I could cold blue it, and used 3M double sided tape for additional mounting stability.

Do you have any pictures of this setup? I may need to do this as well.

Here's the riser that I made for the Hi Viz Comp front.

It's .156 high, but I think .187 would have been a bit better.

post-6348-128089433218_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry for the double post. I've got a new computer and don't have all the old software on it. The photo is too big for the forum to post.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

Why do you all think you need a 10/22 sight on the Benelli? Here is the stock Benelli sight on an M1Super90 looking down the channeling on the receiverpost-14685-128088539699_thumb.jpg. This shoots dead on at 50 yds and with hold over out to 100yds. When you cut the rib-you lose some of the rib stiffness and throw your aim off even more. If the barrel does not shoot straight and is warrantied-you can send it to Benelli to be straightened. Or straighten it yourself. Why mutilate a perfectly good gun? With the rib and the fiberoptic bead you have more than enough information to aim.Quickly. It is a clean picture. If you have a parts gun-non-channeled receiver or some combo-you might need something.