Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Shoots left

OpenDot

i thought i had that problem with my 34 but it was just the way i was pulling the trigger after i figured the trigger out its dead on now

I had somebody else fire teh gun to make sure it wasn't me... same thing, low and left

Low and left is common for people new to Glocks. Was that someone else someone who frequently shoots Glocks [well] or just another shooter who shoots some other brand?

Of course, I own a number of Glocks, and they all have the rear sight shifted varying amounts to the right. I have picked up Glocks that shot dead on with the rear sight centered, but in my experience, they're the exception.

I had my buddy shoot mine also but he is left handed and guess what the gun shot right for him and left for me because Iam a right handed shooter. There is always a exception to this rule but that was my experience. Now that I have practiced with it it shoots straight ahead.

i thought i had that problem with my 34 but it was just the way i was pulling the trigger after i figured the trigger out its dead on now

I had somebody else fire teh gun to make sure it wasn't me... same thing, low and left

Not to sound like a broken record here, but: don't just have anyone shoot it, have an experienced Glock shooter shoot it. Heavier guns like 1911's, Sig's, Beretta's, etc. are WAY more forgiving to shoot and really don't reveal some of the little hitches in technique that Glock's and some other polymer handguns are just not tolerant of, it took me months and takes some longer to really figure it out through lots of dry-fire and working out one's grip to get Glocks to not hit left (or right in a Lefty's case).

Also, bench it, and take as much care as you can to make sure the trigger gets pulled 100% straight-back when you do (I've seen many guys pull 'em left even while benching them so watch out). DO NOT drift the sights until you do this and really verify where it's actually hitting as 99.9% of Glocks are just fine and it's the shooters who need the adjusting...

There's a reason why there are literally thousands upon thousands of posts out there about Glock's hitting left or low-left, consider Occam's razor, Glock is not sending out that many faulty guns...

Edited by ck1