Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Shoots left

OpenDot

Sights are tight, gun is new, less than 500 rounds. Has TFO Night Sights (all my matches are thurday night) Bought gun at Glockmeister. Had a magwell, 3.5 trigger, SS Guiderod and stock spring, Glockworx ext mag release.

Shoot Paper and Steel Combat match League with USPSA Scoring and Rules.

Shoot 115gr 9mm brass factory loads as I don't have the time to reload shells (for now but want to get into reloading).

The gun shoots left everytime. Last 2 weeks all my A Zone hits were left, shooting at a single steel target in a final stage it took 6 to get it down before the RO said the word "left", I moved 3" to teh right wham it went down.

Sights are tight, trigger pull and reset seem to be fine dry firing... but it shoots left 100% for sure.

I know some glocks are sloppy slide/frame matched from the factory but does anybody got any advise?

Edited by G17G4

Please don't take this the wrong way but have you had someone else shoot it? Or shot it from a rest?

That was the next step.

I do know that before I purchased the G34, I didn't have this problem with my G17Gen 4 shooting the same matches, i just wanted a G34 for more custom options. So I went with it. I own a G17 Gen 4, G17gen 3, a G19 for CCW and this G34.

G34 is teh only one I have problems with.

Edited by G17G4

Much thanks, did some reading on those..

sounds like all glocks shoot left... :roflol: except my 19, and (2) 17's don't.

I'm betting slide/barrel or slide to frame concerns. My Gen4 is a monster, bullet goes alpha every pull.

I will take it out tomorrow with the bags and see what it does.

As Bart said, move the sight! You might be surprised to see the gun shoots dead on with a different load. Mine does. I shoot a G34. When I work up loads alot I will see the group center of mass change from shooting left to shooting right, or low, or high. Once I find the right load that shoots tight groups then I bring the sights to it.

Sighting the gun in from the bench is the first thing to do after you install new sights. No offense - and I mean that sincerely - but there's no way you should be shooting a gun in a match with absolutely no idea where the sights hit.

Thanks guys... :cheers:

Sighting the gun in from the bench is the first thing to do after you install new sights. No offense - and I mean that sincerely - but there's no way you should be shooting a gun in a match with absolutely no idea where the sights hit.

I agree with you.. but I had all the work done at once, not by me.

I own 7 Glocks, including a G34. My G34 was shooting left as well, I moved the rear sight to the right & problem fixed! I carry a G22 & G27 for duty & the 27 for everyday carry. Both of those guns the sights are in the center of the slide. No 2 guns are the same, that's just what my gun liked. Hope that helps, good luck.

Edited by shooter995

• 2 weeks later...

Sloppy slide to frame fit wouldn't let it shoot only left. It would be all over the place. A new gun with new sights... I would have put that bad boy on paper ASAP.

So what was the verdict?

Edited by Voodoo

If the gun is sighted in and the sights are properly aligned when the shot breaks, it is impossible to miss. Unless the sights are off, you are shooting left (not the gun). If you're positive it isn't you, adjust the sights.

Edited by Wik

As long as you are grouping tightly and consistently to the left I completely agree with everyone about drifting the rear sight.

I use this: http://www.topgunsupply.com/sight-adjust-install-tool-glock.html

The MGW rear sight tool works great. I've taken off, installed and zeroed heinie, warren/sevigny, dawson and OEM sights with it.

CAZ

I'd suggest that establishing the zero be a two stage process-First, establish the mechanical zero (i.e., the zero with as little influence from the shooter as possible, usually by using a bench rest, sandbag, or a Ransom rest), and then Second, establish the zero as to how you index/affect the gun (usually by shooting standing, unsupported). Both will provide you useful and critical input, and will help you ascertain if there's a hardware (gun) or a software (shooter) adjustment needed.

Best, Jon

• 2 weeks later...

As stated in several above posts, shoot it from a rest, adjust sights as necessary.

When I install sights for customers I center them in the slide then take it out and shoot it from a sandbag rest. 9 times out of 10 they're dead on. If not, I adjust as necessary.

Dry fire and work on grip.

Shot it from bench last weekend at shooters world, took a buddy and he shot it as well.

at 7 FT it was and 1" left and an 1" low

10ft, 2" left and 2" low

15ft 4" left and 4" low

25ft 6" left, 6" low

The further back I got, the worse it got. i wanted to send it back to Glock but don't like to deal with BS and excuses and I didn't have the time, I have matches to shoot.

I sold the gun and bought another G34, this one is dead nuts. It's amazing how well you can do in matches with a gun that shoots straight.

it would have been a lil cheaper to just go after some after market sights??? I love my Glocks(yes plural) but Glock I think has missedthe boat on their sights, when i buy a new Glock, the first thing that happens is the sights come off and quality aftermarkets go on YMMV

it would have been a lil cheaper to just go after some after market sights??? I love my Glocks(yes plural) but Glock I think has missedthe boat on their sights, when i buy a new Glock, the first thing that happens is the sights come off and quality aftermarkets go on YMMV

It had TFO Night Sights, as all my matches are at night.