Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI .40 4.15" Setup?

poison123

Hey guys I've got a friend trying to sell his STI Tactical 4.15, and he's offered it to me at a good price. Is it worth it for me to pick it up and shoot 3 gun with it, or would that do more harm than good due to the shorter barrel on it?

Is it the steel frame model?

What other guns do you have to shoot 3 gun with?

Nighthawk Talon 1, 5" barrel 1911. Looks like I'll just pick up some 10rd mags for that, guy decided he wanted my old nib shotgun + another 1k in cash for the STI.

Ya its the steel frame model.

Sometimes you have 50+ yard shots at 3 gun matches, depending on what match you are shooting.

The 4.15 would work fine, the only disadvantage would be the sight radius. Some guys are shooting 6" guns at 3 gun matches for the longer range shots. I have a 4.15 and I like how it shoots and handles. I shoot a 5" at matchs and use the 4" for carry.

Randy

Sometimes you have 50+ yard shots at 3 gun matches, depending on what match you are shooting.

The 4.15 would work fine, the only disadvantage would be the sight radius. Some guys are shooting 6" guns at 3 gun matches for the longer range shots. I have a 4.15 and I like how it shoots and handles. I shoot a 5" at matchs and use the 4" for carry.

Randy

Thanks. If I can get him to get reasonable on the price I'll probably pick it up regardless.

+1, I have a 4.15 in 9mm with Aluminum frame. It's tackdriver. I use mine in 3G too, like the fact I can get 23 rounds in gun with 140mm mags. I shoot 40 5" STI in Ltd.

Thanks guys. We came to a agreeable price, so I'm going to pick it up.