Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 15/22 Again?

Ray_Z

I believe this topic has been beat to death a while back, but I can't find it in the archives. My 15/22 is doing the failure to feed thing every 5-10 rounds. This side of sending it back to S&W a couple of times to get it right, does anyone have a fix for the problem?

Shake the mag and make sure the rounds are "nose -Up" My gun will just not work with some -cheep ammo it runs grate on minny mags & federal "Auto Match"

The old school thing with 1022 s was to put one drop of oil on the nose of the last round to go into the mag. =it works

And pull a snake through the bore

Thanks Jamie

I've used Remington and federal. Both gave me fits. I have several 10/22s none have ever given me a problem. I remember a post a while back about the M&P 15/22 with chronic FTE problems but can't find it.

the Failer to eject was the ejector needing to be bent in more to grab the old round better. = that is what my gun did is "Stove Pipe"

The mags get bound up easy with the nose pointing down if you don't shake them as you load.

My M&P came as a lucky draw at the STC match.

Being Lucky is nice.

Thanks for all the input guys. I kinda found the answer to my gun's problem on my own. It seems that, like it's daddy, the AR-15/M16 it likes to be pretty wet with oil around the bolt. After hosing the bolt with 3-in-1 oil and smearing synthetic grease all over the inside of the upper it works great. I ran a mixed match of various 22's through it, as fast as I could, and it didn't hick up once.

Thanks for all the input guys. I kinda found the answer to my gun's problem on my own. It seems that, like it's daddy, the AR-15/M16 it likes to be pretty wet with oil around the bolt. After hosing the bolt with 3-in-1 oil and smearing synthetic grease all over the inside of the upper it works great. I ran a mixed match of various 22's through it, as fast as I could, and it didn't hick up once.

Don't do the 3-in-1 oil it will over time leave a hard residue similar to varnish. Use a good quality gun oil instead.

Rimfirecentral.com has some great threads on the 15-22. It was recommended and never has failed me to load the rounds NOT using the side buttons but to rather stuff them in as a centerfire pistol mag.

Brad