Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli m1/2 with Nordic +5 tube

Is the spring too long as is??? Is it a spring supplied with the tube?

I have always used a Benelli long mag tube spring from Brownells part #301-000-115 and never cut one. It measures about 15" longer than the tube. My gun will hold 8+1 with about 1/2 a shell extra in the tube with this spring.

The Brownells spring is pretty much the right length, but the one from Nordic is longer out of the package. I cut mine down to about 13" out of the tube and it feeds really well. It doesnt take that much force to put that last shell in and still feeds the last one reliably.

Bass

I think they ship the same spring for a 10 + round as they do for a3+ round extension, so yes you want to cut it. IF you go to only 10" longer than the end of the tube you may end up with "Match" problems.

I shoot mostly cheaper loads in training and save most of my Good shell for matches , Like heavy slugs and Control Flight shells. = over 3.5 dram loads.

What will / may happen is the with the loaded tube down to just the last one or two shell in it the spring does not have much power to shove the last shell on to the carrier. With a Hot load like a 4 dram the shell on the carrier floats forward in recoil and does not 'pop' back onto the carrier and !Jambs the last round! dang it

So Save your self a OS and cut the spring at least 12" to 14" longer than the end of the tube.

Unless you are a better shooter than me and thin just cut it just 8"

You don't want to drive 1,200 miles to learn this one

Edited by AlamoShooter

• 2 weeks later...

These fine fellas are right on as usual, a big +1. I just put a +6 Nordic tube with extended cap (Mossy 930SPX shotgun now holds 10 + 1 !)on and it works like a charm at 13 inches past end of tube. Chris Patty told me Nordic recommends 10 - 16 " past end of tube before putting end cap back on.

24" vent rib barrel with green/red fiber optics = fun. :D

post-15146-127854862957_thumb.jpg

Iam glad I start reading this forum. All new news to me. Ive been shoving that whole spring in there. I still get 8+1, last rounds a little hard but it goes. Thanks to all for the good advice!! great with the gun not so much with the shotgun :wacko:

Iam glad I start reading this forum. All new news to me. Ive been shoving that whole spring in there. I still get 8+1, last rounds a little hard but it goes. Thanks to all for the good advice!! great with the gun not so much with the shotgun :wacko:

I did the same thing until I spoke with Kurt Miller and Benny Hill. I broke my carrier latch, and I think it was because I had way too much spring. Benny and Kurt told me to cut it 12" about the end of the tube, and I was hesitant at first, but will never second guess again.