Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aa#2 Vs Titegroup

Rufus The Bum

My normal load in 40 is 4.5grn Titegroup at an OAL of 1.190 @168pf. Well on someones advice, I bought a pound of AA#2 and loaded to the same specs as my normal load (168pf)

This stuff sux!!! With Titegroup, my sights return to the point of aim every single time. AA#2 is extremely erratic and the gun is just harsh, the sights don't track for shnit, but I just hear of people swearing by this stuff. What am I missing? I'm not looking to switch from Titegroup, I just thought I'd give this stuff a try.

Anyone else experience the same?

I started out shooting AA#2. I shot it for a couple of years. I went to TG when I ran out and will never go back. TG is so much cleaner and more consistent. My gun seems to get back on target much easier with TG. I am able to get TG whenever I need it locally. I can't AA#2 locally.

Mike

I have seen it listed in other's loads but have trouble with AA7s metering so.... I will just pass on even trying. Are you tired of TG?

I really like Titegroup, it's soft shooting, accurate and fairly clean. I've just read several people saying it's the only powder they'll use. Titegroup is far, far, far superior to AA#2, but I thought I'd at least try it. I have no plans of using AA#2 ever again, at least for Ltd.