Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titanium comp

rupture

Is that also known as schedule 2 stuff?

I am not a metallurgist, nor a machine guy. I'm doing a Form 1 suppressor though, and that was specifically recommended to me by the silencer dudes, as well as my tool/die buddy.

Obviously, FWIW.

yrs ago the 'jet' comp came out and it was cool, and light, but what we found was, that with AA#7(all the rage back then) had some pelletized uniforming agent in it??? and shooting itthru that comp you got a lot of sparks out of it, i mean A LOT of sparks, think we ended up measuring the baffles one time andthey had been eroded quite severely in a short period of time

I could not tell you what type of titanium we used years back (early 90s) building titanium comps. What I can say is that as calishootr mentioned the ports eroded quickly but also more than one comp was also launched down range, keep in mind it doesn't expand and contract at the same rate as the steel used for the barrels. They did produce quite a show with the sparks. We didn't have a lot of luck with aluminum/steel comps either. I personally launched one down range. We just went back to using steel.