Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass Polishing?

I thin the nu finish with mineral spirits and keep it in a squeeze bottle. Shake it well before adding. No, I don't use polish every time. Too much polish build up seems to kill my corn cob too fast.

I thin the nu finish with mineral spirits and keep it in a squeeze bottle. Shake it well before adding. No, I don't use polish every time. Too much polish build up seems to kill my corn cob too fast.

That is what I used to use, this stuff makes the corn last longer too. Actually, it might just be that it cleans so much quicker the brass is just in the corn a lot less.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

I use a citric acid bath to clean it, then put in a thick towel and roll it around to dry the outside to prevent water spots. Then load it and tumble to polish it with NuFinish polish (NOT THE WAX) and mineral spirits with a 90-10 ratio of corncob-walnut. Shines like new money.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that .40 brass will just fit over the top of the felt polishing cylinder of a dremel tool with a nice friction fit. I take each piece, chuck it onto the dremel tool and then spin it at about 325rpm. I'll hold a lint free cloth impregnated with a mild jeweler's rouge against it to polish the outside of the case and then follow up with cotton swabs for the extractor groove. I can do 40 or 50 cases a night that way while watching tv easy.

I've found that .40 brass will just fit over the top of the felt polishing cylinder of a dremel tool with a nice friction fit. I take each piece, chuck it onto the dremel tool and then spin it at about 325rpm. I'll hold a lint free cloth impregnated with a mild jeweler's rouge against it to polish the outside of the case and then follow up with cotton swabs for the extractor groove. I can do 40 or 50 cases a night that way while watching tv easy.

DAMN!! :surprise::surprise:

Pat

John, Tell me you are kidding... :surprise: ... Forrest

Edited by ForrestB