Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson ICE Magwell with Gen 2 G22

RobfromME

Good afternoon, all,

Will the Dawson ICE Magwell for a Glock 22 work on a Gen 2 frame without fitting? I noticed that the one made by Glockmiester is specific as to whether or not the gun has finger grooves.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Warmest regards,

Rob

I removed a little material from the magwell itself so that it would fit around the front portion of the receiver. No need to Dremel your Glock baby :) You may not have any fitting issues at all, but if you do, just remove a little at a time, then check to see the fit.

Thanks, Micah.

I was on the fence between the Glockmiester and the Dawson. I really only considered the Glockmiester since it specifically mentioned the older frame style (non-finger groove) like I shoot. However, it's good to know the Dawson will do fine...it looks like the best of the batch in my (very!) limited experience.

Thanks again for the input.

Warmest regards,

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

My magwell slid onto my 2nd Gen G22 with no fitting at all. I think there was a trick to it but I can't remember exactly what it was. I think I had to hook it around the front strap first and then bring it up for screw alignment. Anyways, here's a pic:

100_2043-1.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the valuable information. I purchased the ICE and had it on my G22 Gen II in minutes. It fit like a glove and is a quality piece.

Once again, I appreciate the time and input from everyone.

Thank you!

Warmest regards,

Rob