Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMC 10 rounders and ICE magwell

Corey

So I have the Ice magwell on my 1911 with the no gap insert on it and am loving it. I want to pick up some CMC 10 rounders for a possible adventure in limited-10 as well as probable use for 3gun (unless I borrow my buddy's G34). What needs to be done for the 10 rounders to work with my magwell. no-gap insert? new basepads?

thanks!

Hi Corey,

If you keep the CMC basepads, you'll need to replace the 1911 Ice No-Gap insert with a 1911 Standard Ice Insert.

If you want to keep your existing No-Gap Ice insert, you'll need to replace the CMC basepads with DP 1911 No Gap Basepads (which look totally rad on 10-rounders IMHO).

-Chet

Edited by Dawson Marketing

I have the gap and no gap inserts and CMC 10 rd mags.

The mags don't seat with the gap insert.. It looks like a little will have to be taken off the basepads to get it to work.

I have the gap and no gap inserts and CMC 10 rd mags.

The mags don't seat with the gap insert.. It looks like a little will have to be taken off the basepads to get it to work.

I did some experimenting today and came up with the same results.

If you want to run the CMC 10-Round 1911 Mags with our 1911 ICE Magwell,

you'll need to remove some material from the top of the rubber basepad:

post-23341-127731425589_thumb.jpg

A more elegant solution is to merely add a DP 1911 No-Gap Basepad to the mag:

post-23341-12773143504_thumb.jpg

-Chet

All you have to do is shave a bit off the inside edge of the magwell insert and work over the little corner at the gap a bit and it works fine WITHOUT dremmeling on your base pads...

Chet;

If you change to the DP 1911 No-Gap Basepad with 10 round 45 cal mags, how do prevent over insertion of the mag?

jj

• 2 weeks later...

Chet;

If you change to the DP 1911 No-Gap Basepad with 10 round 45 cal mags, how do prevent over insertion of the mag?

jj

Yes, you would have to be careful not to over-insert the mag with the stock basepad removed.

Not the best scenario for a real-world application of the firearm.

-Chet