Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

s&w 25-2

shannon-mccollum

a few weeks i picked up a 25-2 from a local doctor . it has a 5in magna ported barrel which seems to be a odd barrel length from the info i have been looking at . anyone have any info on this model ? and i was very supprised how poor accuracy is with any load i have fed it . will try and get a pic up asap .

Many model 25 shooters shortened them to 5 inche because they couldn't hold steady the longer barrels. It did help some people shoot better. Only problem is the model 25 requires bullets sized 454, not 4451/452 for best accuracy.

Too bad it's magnaported. Makes it illegal for USPSA but you can use it in unlimited class in ICORE. They are great guns.

Still not too hard to find the 6 inch barrels, kind of tough to find the 6 1/2 though.

IF you want to replace it and have trouble finding one of the original type. you might try to find a 5" 625 barrel too.

Several of the 25-2 models had a little too big of a cylinder opening and they were just not that accurate, I don't recall which ones but it seems to be some of the the 6 inch guns. Not much you can do about that besides a new cylinder (use the old star to keep the same timing)

Most will shoot decent enough for USPSA as it's not bullseye or ICORE with accuracy being the premium.

You have the frame, that is the big thing.

HOPalong