Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SLP safety switch

prc77

First post for me here. Just picked up my SLP today. Took it home, disassembled and cleaned it good. Went to the range for a 200 round break in. Too many FTE with the WalMart Win value pak, but I figured that would be the case.

Issue #1 Need to switch the safety over for a lefty.

#2 The checkering is uncomfortable. Too sharp, I'll try a glove next time, or sand it a little.

Can any one talk me through the safety swap.

Thanks, Chris

I looked at how to do the switch last time I had my trigger group out but it was more involved than I thought. Didn't need to, just curious so I gave up however the manual said "competent gunsmith..." I'm sure somebody here knows what to do.

My SX2 does not like to feed the winchester "multipurpose" Walmart loads.

I think it is the taper at the crimp. Try other brand value loads.

It runs federal and estate, AA and my reloads fine.

When it was new it was finicky. Would run 1 1/8 loads @ 3 dram or 1oz loads @ 3.25 dram but not 1oz loads at 3 dram. I locked the bolt back in the safe for 3 weeks compressing the recoil spring and it will run any load now.

I thought checkering was too smooth on the for-end and roughened it up with a soldering iron.

I run mine lubed wetter than I want but it works better.

First post for me here. Just picked up my SLP today. Took it home, disassembled and cleaned it good. Went to the range for a 200 round break in. Too many FTE with the

Which gas piston are you running?

First post for me here. Just picked up my SLP today. Took it home, disassembled and cleaned it good. Went to the range for a 200 round break in. Too many FTE with the

Light load piston, Fairly wet with CLP ( all I have right now) I'll revisit Win value pak after I get a few more 100 rounds through it. C-Rums is going to switch over my safety while he welds up the lifter.

Great forum, been lurking for a few months.

Light load piston, Fairly wet with CLP ( all I have right now) I'll revisit Win value pak after I get a few more 100 rounds through it. C-Rums is going to switch over my safety while he welds up the lifter.

Fingerless glove cured the sharp checkering, lifter nibbled on the my thumb yesterday, not too bad. First and last time that happens, Trigger group on the way to C-RUMS.

• 3 weeks later...

Fingerless glove cured the sharp checkering, lifter nibbled on the my thumb yesterday, not too bad. First and last time that happens, Trigger group on the way to C-RUMS.

Who is C-RUMS and what are they going to do to your trigger group?

C-Rums = Jeff Cockrum LLC

www.c-rums.net He welded the lifter solid and switched the safety over for a lefty, Great job fast turn around

DSC01712.jpg

DSC01711.jpg

C-Rums = Jeff Cockrum LLC

www.c-rums.net He welded the lifter solid and switched the safety over for a lefty, Great job fast turn around

DSC01712.jpg

DSC01711.jpg

Thanks much, that looks really good!

• 2 weeks later...

Shot a 5 stage shotgun only match on June 27th, ended up in 11th out of 34 shooters :D . I almost had a clean match. Last stage missed 3 out of 4 flippers and stepped out of bounds :blush: SLP MK1 ran very good.

Stage 1 was crazy 2 PPR's and a Tex Star, static clays, steel and a flipper. First time shooting a PPR, Mod choke #6 shot.