Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blazer Accuracy Problem in Glocks?

bushmeat

I've used Blazer aluminum cased 9mm in 115 and 124 gr versions in the past and found they shot well in my Glock 19.

Picked up a batch recently and they just would not group. Tested Remington UMC, WWB, Federal Eagle and Hornady XTPs alongside and no problems. Anybody else have a similar experience with the Blazers?

Blazer was far and away the most used brand at the last GSSF match but that may be because it is a lost brass match. You didn't say what level of accuracy you needed/wanted or which bullet weight wasn't giving you the accuracy you desire. I can't help because I shoot reloads but this may keep the thread alive.

I only shot some a couple years ago at a class, just to see what they were like. The trainers used them a lot as they were relatively low cost without suffering in quality. But that was then and this is now. As prices have gone up, it's possible that they have resorted to using cheaper components - and in this context cheaper seldom translates to "as good as but less expensive."

Must be a bad batch that you got there. I wish i still have the boxes to tell you the batch nos. as far as

accuracy- they are ok... not that i am trying to shoot 50 yard plates...