Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI VIP vs Total Eclipse

BLUTO

So I'm looking at stepping completely away from the GLUNK I have in an IWB for daily carry and am having a h**l of a time deciding between the VIP and the Total Eclipse.

Want a double stack 45 and seriously narrowed it down to these two.

Thoughts - anyone with hands on experience with them?

Gracias

Hope you don't mind my question but you got me curious.

Is it the width of the Glunk or the weight of the doublestacked mag that makes you wanto experiment?

The slim S*I's got me googley-eyed, too, so I'd be interested in what you find out once you can draw a comparison.

Hope you don't mind my question but you got me curious.

Is it the width of the Glunk or the weight of the doublestacked mag that makes you wanto experiment?

The slim S*I's got me googley-eyed, too, so I'd be interested in what you find out once you can draw a comparison.

I carry a Clock because I know for fact that it will go off everytime I flip the switch. However I have an STI based Limited and Open gun and would rather have all platforms the same.

I want double stack due to round count and the way it fits my hand. So now its up to asking questions since the chances of laying hands on both at the same time are slim and none even with my own FFL.......

The eclipse is 23 oz with a steel frame and holds less rounds. The VIP is 25 oz with aluminum frame and I know it holds 14 rounds of 40 in the mag, granted you can barely seat it with that. The VIP fits my hand perfectly. No extra grip sticking out the bottom but I have a full pinking grip on the gun as well for better control.