Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson ICE Which wilson mag?

Ty Hamby

Im looking to get a Dawson Ice no-gap Magwell for my Les Baer PremierII. I will be using this for IDPA mostly. Im wondering what Wilson mags are the best to use with the Ice. I read someplaces that the ETM mags are too short for the magwell and the .625 47D pads dont fit into the no-gap. Do I run short mags or buy 47D's and grind an angle on the front so they fit the ICE. Remember it needs to fit in a box when Im done.

If you want the no gap insert I'm pretty sure you'll either have to modify the wilson pads or get the pads from Dawson.

Thanks,

I'm going to pull the trigger on the Dawson pads with the no gap ice. I currently don’t own any 1911 mags other than the single mag the gun came with. So 6 Wilsons with Dawson’s pads and magwell is doable being that I will only cry once. I’m just worried that the gun won’t fit in the box. Fingers crossed. I will get pictures up when it arrives.

You don't have to take much off the front of the Wilson DE pads (.675") to get them to fit the box...maybe just the front third of the pad, or a touch less.

The best thing to do is to carefully measure and trace the outlines of the official box size on cardboard and use that as a guide. R,

Hello: I am using the Wilson 47D's and the Dawson legendary base pads that fit the 47D's. They fit the box with a little wiggle room. The Wilson mags can be bought from Dillon or Brian Enos. The base pads you can get from Sean at PowercustomUSA. He can order them and you will get them fast. Mention my name and you may get a discount---or not :roflol: Thanks, Eric