Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Cup Results

Service Desk

I shot this match wtih an Aristocrat rear sight on my Metallic gun. It's three position rear sight. I figured I'd shoot the 10-20 yard stuff on one setting, the 25-35 on another and the 50 on the last. By the time I started using it I realized that if you're using a reasonably quick 9mm, there just isn't enough drop to need to mess with it.

If you're coming from USPSA to AP just know that you're Production gun might already be your metallic gun. There are a lot more restrictions on Production in the NRA than there are in USPSA. For example, no stippling, 3.5 lb trigger (every shot), no slide milling for any reason etc. You might be well served just taking a USPSA Production gun and shooting metallic with it.

I did, this year was my first time, i used my XD S/A.

How do you adjust the sights from position to position screwdriver as you are walking???

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely, I would switch out the Fibre Optic front and go with a plain black Patridge Style front, you may want to widen the rear notch a little to get you eye to the front better. But for NRA plain black is best.

I adjusted my Aristocrat rear sight when I got to the new position, old alluminium handled S&W sight adjuster tool (screwdriver) was kept in my pocket of my ammo bag. I found one setting for standing to 25Y, another for prone 25Y and the third for prone at 50 works for me I six oclock hold at 50, eyes not good enough for bottom of black smudge at 50Y. The gun reacts differently off the ground that when standing.

edited to add.

If the barrel has a chamber as described to lessen recoil there may be an issue if it is seen as a form of compensator. The barrel must come all the way to the front of that block. That way the front sight will not be in front of the muzzle.

Edited by gm iprod