Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

depriming military brass

arsoncop9

I have a lot of .223 brass that has a military primier crimp. I have bent many depriming pins on feeral stamped .223. brass. I need to know what die you guys use to deprime the brass. I have a Dillion 650. I plan to by the dillion swage tool but i need to get the primer out first before i use it. An help and techniques yall use will be greatly appreciated.

As for the Dillon carbide sizing die, I have yet to hear anyone bad mouth it.

A friend swears by using a Lee universal decapping die (with a few extra pins) before resizing.

I tried a RCBS small base die and it f^%(d up on me within 30 minutes.

I have a Lee carbide sizing die that's pretty rugged and the way it's set up, the pin should slip before it breaks. And as an aside, on the Lee die, if you do have a stuck case, the pin can be used to drive it out - don't ask me how I know this.

thank you for your answers i will probably go with the dillion universal depriming, clean my cases, swage the primer pockets, trim, and them load in the case feeder for sizing, ect. if you see a problem with this order let me know. any tips will be greatly apreceiated.

I deprimed a 1000 with the Lee Universal die and a Lee trim die use an inside neck reamer on the neck and primer pocket crimp. But a Dillon swage tool is on the wish list. Have 2 5 gallon buckets of Lake City so I am following this thread.