Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Choosing a Division is about more than the gear

if your shooting all A's like you should what is the difference...?

Who says you should shoot all "A"s? Long shots and targets with only a small part of the A-zone visible are examples of when hitting all "A"s just takes too much time, and then minor hurts.

You may not be able to miss fast enough to win but you can certainly hit slow enough to lose - I do it regularly!

that is such a true statement. slow i am good. fast, well we dont want to talk about that now. ha

Hello: I think shooting the different divisions actually helps your shooting. It gives you a different mindset on reloads and economy of motion. If you know you have to move more than 3 steps then you can get a reload in there(thanks Benny). You have to plan your reloads a little more in Production and Single Stack. In Open and Limited you can usually find a good spot to do 1 reload. As far as compairing yourself to the other shooters just pick one off at a time. That is what I have done since I started just 3 1/2 years ago :devil: I also try to shoot with different guys to see how they plan a stage and what works. It also helps to shoot with some master and grandmaster shooters :cheers: Keep your chin up and have fun. Thanks,Eric

I think it depends on the match. In Jersey, you can easily have more folks shooting production, including a master and a GM. At a now defunct match in Lower Providence, you could compete in Open against 4-5 Masters. At some matches, Limited is the place to find competition.....

+1

At the VA/MD sectional last month there were 85 shooters in production compared to 70 in Limited and 48 in open.