Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag release in Stock 2

Marv Z

I just bought a Stock 2 from a member here and would like to swap the mag release to the other side. It's on the right side now which must mean it's set up for a leftie. I heard on a review of the limited that it can be done . I searched EAA's site and here, but no luck. It's an awesome gun other than that. Thanks!!!

Edited by Marv Z

Yes, the mag release is universal. What you need to do is pull out the trigger/trigger bar assembly then remove the trigger bar plunger assembly. The trigger bar plunger assembly is what retains the mag release in the frame. Once you have the trigger bar plunger assembly pulled out, all you have to do is pull the mag release out and put it in the other side of the gun. Then put it all back together. Check out Henning Wallgren's website for some details procedures on how to disassemble and reassemble the gun. I have listed the link to his "Technical" section below which has some videos to show the process.

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/tech/tech.tanfoglio.main.html

You actually don't have to remove the trigger. Turn the plunger until it is free of the groove in the trigger bar, and then pull it out with some needle nose pliers. Be sure to keep your finger on the mag release hole when you pull out the plunger, there is a small spring and plunger in there that can get lost easily.

bluestringer