Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Division

rmills

rmills wrote:

If 10 new shooters decided to shoot Open today, there are not enough pre-ban, hi-caps available for each one to purchase 4 or more

I suspect that you are just not looking hard enough. Liota and I both started shooting Open after '94 (last year, in my case)...and I switched to a STI Limited gun two years ago. I have eight standard-capacity .40 mags, Liota and I each have five standard-capacity and three big sticks in 9mm...

Granted, they are a mix of STI and SVI tubes, and I think there is one mag in the mix that predates both of those two companies...but they all work, and all it took was some digging, a few matches, and keeping my eye out for folks with spare mags.

Legally.

Amazing, who would have thought that you could buy what you needed in America?

Having lived in PDR of Hawaii, and having spent way too much time in Kalibanfornia, I feel for the poor incarcerated folks forced to live under the yoke of evil and the jackbooted heel of tyrannical out of control liberalism...but don't try to foist the views of those oppressors off on the rest of America. That doesn't play in Peoria (or west Texas) ;)

I'm all for attracting new shooters to the sport...heck, I'm scheduled to teach "IPSC 101" to two new shooters this very afternoon (we lazy and worthless government workers have today off, naturally)...but as a ofttimes Shanghaied match director and match staff weenie, I despise the "show up shooting something weird and win a trophy" style of separate divisions. We are NOT Cowboy Action Shooting!!!! (although in the interest of full disclosure, I do enjoy shooting that game too...and entering in an obscure division so I win a belt buckle now and then).

The Texas State 3-Gun, with only Limited/Open/Tactical, figuring class and division loading from last years match, has to buy 53 trophies. Fifty-three! Add revolver, Lim-10, and production into that...and we are talking Open-10? Oh my...

Folks living in oppressed states, under the jackbooted heel of The Forces of Evil, are already competing among themselves in L-10 and O-10. No harm there. But trying to export evil...that isn't right.

There are plenty of perfectly legal magazines to buy...just break out the checkbook. No need for a new division because someone doesn't understand the concept of a free market economy!

Alex

Dear IOC (International Olympic Committee),

My name is Paul Carlton, you can call me PC. I have always aspired to be a down hill skier. The problem is I live in Florida and we don't have hills or snow, I'm sure you can see how this could be a problem for me. Obviously I hold you responsible because I don't have as good a chance as someone who lives in....say Colorado for example. I just wanted to drop you a quick note to see how you plan to handle this. I was thinking you could build some hills here and get some snow machines or maybe you could form a new division of down hill skiing that doesn't require hills or snow as I don't have access to them as has been previously mentioned.

Sincerely,

PC

:P:D:) Sorry, ingore me. I couldn't resist. :D:):P

Thread Drift! (btw, one of the olympic Luge-ers lives in Dallas of all places-- built a start ramp in the livingroom and practices every day)

STI told me they were running nothing but magazines before the ban, and three shifts at that. People were placing orders for thousands of magazines at a time. They are available (jn non-ban states), just not cheap.

As for Open-10.. I suggest asking MD's to recognize it-- they have that option as a special category, I assume. Then if the shooters come play, the petition to USPSA has much more weight.. Start bottom up with shooters instead of top-down with the BOD.