Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha Mag Pouches

STIGUY

Recently purchased the combo and wad wondering if there is a trick as the screws do no seem nearly long enough between the two pieces used to secure the mag holder bracket tonthe belt. I do not want to stripped the screws or anthing and if these are that much of a pain, them I could just exchange for something else. So what say you?

Loosen all of them to the max, take the bottom two out, slide the mag pouch to where you want it, put the belt on and check it again. Then squash the holder down and put the screws in. Then go around the circle and tighten each one a little bit. Mine had screws and metal parts from Argentina-not easy to replicate. These are very good mag pouches in the sense that they are very adjustable to go exactly where you want them with cant, rotation, and out motion all variable. They are somewhat delicate compared to Kydex and some other plastics, but once set, they feel really good and function well. The screws are the least likable component. I have a magnetic pouch that is on my file cabinet at work until I can figure out a way to use a (not quite right) machine screw and nut to attach the 4th hole to the belt without gouging a hole in my arm. I dropped one of the screws and it's gone. It takes a while to get them on-don't send them back, they are very good.

Just curious how you guys that use these keep them from moving. I've tightened mine several times (the screw in the middle of the mag pouch) and can't get them to stay put. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

You mean the screw that hold's the pouch itself against the teeth of the mount? Are you sure the teeth are interlocked and not stripped? I very carefully tighten down by hand, making sure the teeth stay engaged until I can not do it finger tight any more (use the screwdriver like a pencil), then I move up to the handle of the screw driver and really tighten it.

I love mine but have went thru the same problems mentioned.

Putting them on is tuff! But once in place they do not slde around. The easy way is to get the two top screws started a few turns then I used a set of small "c clamp" type vise grips to get the other side together. I learned this after ruining one of the screws.

If you put a lot of outward cant on them they will try to spin. Simple fix. I took a "nickel" size piece of grip tape, punched a .22 cal hole thru the center and put it inside of the dish pocket of the belt piece. Put the other piece back on and tighten down.

I also lost one of the tension nuts on a pouch. E-mailed Saul Kirsch on monday and had them in hand on thurs, SUPER SERVICE!!

Good Luck

Mildot

Just curious how you guys that use these keep them from moving. I've tightened mine several times (the screw in the middle of the mag pouch) and can't get them to stay put. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

try a little blue loctite.