Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-Tech SRB

JJH

Just curious if the Bladetech SRB from Henning will work for a new wonderfinish tac rail 40s&w? I plan on having SGH make me a leather holster for carry in the future, but don't want to be without gun for a couple weeks (he does not have a Witness form).

Just curious if the Bladetech SRB from Henning will work for a new wonderfinish tac rail 40s&w? I plan on having SGH make me a leather holster for carry in the future, but don't want to be without gun for a couple weeks (he does not have a Witness form).

My elite match w/rail fit in my blade tech XDm 40 DOH holster with a few minor modifications.

Well, thats a step in the right direction. It seems most of the holsters available for the Winess are for pre-tac rail weapons. I really need something for use in IDPA but at least knowing one other option leaves me feeling a little better. I really don't want to buy a holster, try modifying it, and find out it has a sloppy fit. Any others?

The DOH is not IDPA legal, that I was aware of. I'm hoping if the DOH worked the Sting-ray may also with minor mods. Really hoping Henning's work, then its open the package, strap on and away we go!

Edited by JJH

I have talked to SGH about having a leather holster made (he is local for me). He does not have a form so he would need to use my gun for the mold. I plan on having him do up a OWB snap holster this fall when I am too busy hunting to get out shooting because I will be without the gun for a couple weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Witness Stock 2 and I use my old Bladetech holster for my CZ SP01 Shadow. Works just fine without mods. I don't think that there is that much difference in dimensions between the Witness with a rail and the SP01. If there is just take a heat gun to it and with a little massaging it will fit perfectly. The process takes about 5 minutes. I had a Bladetech holster for a 1911 without a rail and had to modify it for my full length dust cover plus rail (05 TRP Operator)and the thing turned out like it came from the factory. It was good enough to fool Bobby Mgee!

Oh ya! the DOH can be converted to the carry model (IDPA approved)simply by taking to DOH middle part off. It's just a phillips screwdriver, six srews and ten minutes.

Awesome! I'm certainly not afraid to massage a holster to make it work, but didn't want to end up witha POS when I was done. I've emailed Bladetech and called Henning and heard nothing back. That was monday and still waiting, so it's looking more and more like this is the road I will be traveling down. Thanks for the heads up.

Henning stocks the SRB for the Match with and without a rail. I bought one from him for my Match w/rail(no mods needed). He has it listed on his website. Hope this helps.

Gary