Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCI primer question

caz41

I have been using WSR primers for my 38 super open gun. They have not been readily available, however CCI's have been. My question is what is the difference between them? They have #400 SR, #450 SR magnum, #450APS magnum?

I have been using WSR primers for my 38 super open gun. They have not been readily available, however CCI's have been. My question is what is the difference between them? They have #400 SR, #450 SR magnum, #450APS magnum?

I switched for the same reason. The CCI's (SR) have functioned flawlessly and didn't change my PF, although it never hurts to check.

Get the normal SR and you should see little to no difference from the WSR you've been using. Obviously, it's not a bad idea to run some over the chrono if you're going to a big match, but I'd bet that they're within the normal range of variation we see between any two strings over the chrono. R,

Are you asking the difference between each of the CCI primers? If so, the 400 is a standard primer,the 450 is a magnum primer & the 450APS is on a strip, I believe. One of the brands of loaders uses a plastic strip that holds primers for the primer feed. Makes it fast to refill. I forgot which brand since it is not the dillon.

MLM

I was using the WSR now I'm using the CCI #400 in my 38 Super open gun under IMR 4756. Goes bang first time...every time!

Jan

PS the CCI #400 are their small rifle...comparable to the WSR

Edited by Jan R.