Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member from England

Hi all,

Just thought I would say hello. My names Chris and Im from England UK. I just found this forum when looking for a little info for modding my wheelgun. Been having some issues with moonclips not seating on reloads. Looks like there is plenty of top class information on this site. Im currently running a couple UK spec Taurus Long barrel Revolvers LBR's a .44 and a .45acp. Unfortunatly we are no longer allowed to own short revolvers or handguns :(

373684570.jpg

376887848.jpg

Regards

Chris

Welcome to the forum! And, where is this land of Eng Uk of which you speak? :roflol:

Nice looking wheelies you have there. So, with laws over there, no auto loaders in competition? Only long barreled wheel guns?

With that barrel, you shouldn't even have to shoot, just stretch a bit and poke the target over....

Welcome to the forum! And, where is this land of Eng Uk of which you speak? :roflol:

Nice looking wheelies you have there. So, with laws over there, no auto loaders in competition? Only long barreled wheel guns?

With that barrel, you shouldn't even have to shoot, just stretch a bit and poke the target over....

British firearms law is wierd to say the least. We lost semi autos in cneterfire calibres back in 1987. The only semi auto guns we can now own are shotguns or .22 rimfire. As for pistols we lost them in 1997 :(. The only short guns we can own are black powder. All other guns must be an overall legnth of 24" to conform to section 1 firearms rules. Thats why we end up having a 12" barrel and either a rod or wrist brace on the back to make the legnth up. A pistol it aint, but its all we are allowd nowadays :(

I believe you can buy a conversion cylinder for this thing here to make it shoot 45 Long Colt centerfire....It definitely is longer than 24". The barrel itself is 18".

post-18733-127327034181_thumb.jpg

Edited by GrumpyOne

I believe you can buy a conversion cylinder for this thing here to make it shoot 45 Long Colt centerfire....It definitely is longer than 24". The barrel itself is 18".

Yes we have something very similar here. Its called a uberti buntline LBR or cattleman rifle

This is the revolver version. The rifle is the same just with a full stock

http://gunmart.net/gun_review/uberti_buntline_target_lbr/

1873_revolver_carbine_lg.jpg

Edited by chrismetallica1

Damn, that's one hell of a ban going on over there, been reading about it since first talking to you. So, there is no IPSC or anything else? Isn't there some way to get a permit for a semi auto handgun for competition?

Nope theres no way of owning one for competition. They dont class pistols as valid firearm for competition use. Not even our olimpic team can have one within the UK. They practice abroad because of the current rules. Basically handguns are classed as section 5 or section 7. Section 7 is for historic guns and there isnt many people with the relevant liscence or club to store them. Mainly its for old war relic pistols. They class them as "souvenirs of war" and must be WWII or before. Section 5 is all other weapons. This includes machine guns, mortars , RPG's, HE rounds, AP rounds, Tazers, CS and pepper spray...ect. Only the home secetary can authorise a section 5 permit. Usually its just for an international firearms dealer or a company working for the army or police. However some ex-army an ex Police are authorised as section 5 for protection, Basically if they worked in Northern Ireland during the troubles and still have a valid threat posed to them. If we want to shoot pistols we go abroad :rolleyes:

Nope theres no way of owning one for competition. They dont class pistols as valid firearm for competition use. Not even our olimpic team can have one within the UK. They practice abroad because of the current rules. Basically handguns are classed as section 5 or section 7. Section 7 is for historic guns and there isnt many people with the relevant liscence or club to store them. Mainly its for old war relic pistols. They class them as "souvenirs of war" and must be WWII or before. Section 5 is all other weapons. This includes machine guns, mortars , RPG's, HE rounds, AP rounds, Tazers, CS and pepper spray...ect. Only the home secetary can authorise a section 5 permit. Usually its just for an international firearms dealer or a company working for the army or police. However some ex-army an ex Police are authorised as section 5 for protection, Basically if they worked in Northern Ireland during the troubles and still have a valid threat posed to them. If we want to shoot pistols we go abroad :rolleyes:

Man, that sucks! I wonder how many prodigal shooters are being left out of our sport because of these laws.....

Well, at least you can shoot trap and skeet, right?

Airsoft, let me give you an outline at the total disaster our governement made of that one. Last year they brought a law in called VCR act (Violent Crimes Reduction act). Within this act they liscenced Airsoft :rolleyes: The liscence conditions are so stupid. To be allowed to purchase what they class as RIF (reallistic immitation firearm) (I dont know who comes up with all these acroynimms :blink: ) You need to be UKARA registed to Skirmish. So you cant use it for target shooting, just to shoot at other people dressed like fake soldiers :surprise:

If you are not UKARA and you attempt to purchase one it is classed as a breech of firearms law and could land you in prison for 5 years!!! (Its a plastic toy??)

A basic breakdown of the act is

The Violent Crime Reduction Act (Sec.36) makes it an offence to:

- Manufacture a realistic imitation firearm (RIF)

- Modify an imitation firearm (IF) so it becomes a RIF

- Sell a RIF

- Bring a RIF in to Great Britain or cause one to be brought into Great Britain.

To buy an airsoft gun in the UK as a non Skirmisher or UKARA liscence holder you have to buy what is classed as none RIF. They are low quality guns usually clear plastic or bright colourd.The exact wording of the act says

(Sec38 (3) (B)), a gun is deemed unrealistic if the majority (i.e. +50%) is in a bright colour.

Acceptable colours detailed in the act are

- bright red

- bright orange

- bright yellow

- bright green

- bright pink &

- bright purple

- Clear

The whole thing is way OTT