Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kahr P9

I found the trigger on the P9 to be very long with a long reset.

Yep, that's as intended...it's supposed to be a lot like a revolver trigger, only lighter. It takes a little getting used to, but it doesn't seem to hurt accuracy any. Last weekend I was visiting my folks (100yd range in the backyard) and my father was trying my PM9 and P380. He's got a steel plate that's about 15x15" set up at the end, so we walked down until we were 65yds from the plate...one shot, one hit...not bad for such a tiny gun at that distance! R,

• 3 weeks later...

The barrels seem to be pretty good. I have carried a PM34 for several years, shot a few IDPA matches, and occasionally shot at 25 yards with it and it holds nice tight groups.

I think the DAO trigger is fantastic, very smooth and lighter than my J-frame.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrrg... a guy flaked out (not from the forum, local) on the deal we had for a P9 and sold it out from under me. angry.gif

Santa left me $300 cash. I am going shopping. devil.gif

Local sale plus rebates....what do you think (new) ?

- CW9 @ $400

or

- airweight J-frame (642/442, hammerless, 38spl) @ $300

If the CW9...after a few hundred rounds and then carrying it, I'd likely look at cutting the grip down to "covert" size.

I have a Glock 26, so I am looking at downsizing just a little to see what I might be missing.

I don't have a J-frame though, and feel I ought to (everybody should, right?) ...at $300 new...hard to not get one while the getting is good.

Arrrg... a guy flaked out (not from the forum, local) on the deal we had for a P9 and sold it out from under me. angry.gif

Santa left me $300 cash. I am going shopping. devil.gif

Local sale plus rebates....what do you think (new) ?

- CW9 @ $400

or

- airweight J-frame (642/442, hammerless, 38spl) @ $300

If the CW9...after a few hundred rounds and then carrying it, I'd likely look at cutting the grip down to "covert" size.

I have a Glock 26, so I am looking at downsizing just a little to see what I might be missing.

I'd go for the extra three shots and somewhat better ballistics from the CW9. For holster carry, it should be thinner and print less, and still be really light (barely over a pound with mag and no bullets).

Well, I got to the store and a buddy (a member here) who was working the counter had a CW9 in a customers hand. I commented that he should leave it out when he is done since I wanted to check it out too. Soooo..the guy bought it...and it was the last one.

Then, of course, they had also sold out of the J-frames that were on special.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 2 Kahrs and like them both for carry. Very impressed. Robar does a great "rebuild" on them that I might do to address some of the small concerns mentioned by others. It is the example of what a good carry gun should be to me...

Well, I got to the store and a buddy (a member here) who was working the counter had a CW9 in a customers hand. I commented that he should leave it out when he is done since I wanted to check it out too. Soooo..the guy bought it...and it was the last one.

Then, of course, they had also sold out of the J-frames that were on special.

Only $431 + shipping from Dawson:

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000ABE-1260990737

:devil: :devil: :devil:

• 3 months later...

Has anyone tried the new CM9, Dawson Precision is selling them for $ 431.

*edit for correct link* for CM9 click here

Its supposed to be a cheaper version of the PM9.

Regarding the PM9, does it really fit a pocket? are we talking cargo pants pockets?

Edited by Flexmoney

Regarding the PM9, does it really fit a pocket? are we talking cargo pants pockets?

Yes, PM series fit in most dress pant front pockets, most khaki/Docker's style pants and most Carhartt's. If the pants have small or shallow front pockets, obviously it might not fit. Jeans pockets seem to fit but jeans fit tighter and getting it out can be tricky. My primary carry is a PM40 in the front pocket, never in a cargo/thigh pocket.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the new CM9, Dawson Precision is selling them for $ 431.

Its supposed to be a cheaper version of the PM9.

Yes, the CM9 is a sweet little gun. It's definitely about as small as I would want a 9mm to be. My hands are on the small side -- which helps.

Took my new one to the range the other day and put 125 rds of mixed ammo through it. Only one failure to feed on the second mag-full. Gotta make sure the rounds are packed to the back of the mag (always good advice anyway). When I racked the slide on the first round of a new mag-full, it jammed the nose of the 115 FMJ Federal into the bottom of the ramp.

Since then it's fed FMJ round nose and JHPs of several mfg including 124g Bonded PDX1 and a few Black Talons that I had leftover from the '90s. Even mixed in the same mag, nothing failed to feed after that first time and recoil was manageable even with the +P loads.

I found it to be plenty accurate. My first 6-shot group at 7 yds was probably 3" wide and 7" high -- centered just left of the POA. Once I got used to the long pull, the groups tightened up and moved to the right, but I'm still shooting slightly left at this time... I don't find the pull-weight objectionable and even brand new, the action is fairly smooth.

At this point, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Edited by txfiddler

• 9 months later...

I've carried a P9 appendix for years. I'm currently gearing up for 3gun. Is it fair to say that there is no future for my P9 in 3gun? I assume mag capacity and long trigger pull count it out?

You'll be changing mags, but pistol isn't too important in the 3G matches I've been to. So far, a 15 rd mag easily gets you thru any pistol portion. If you have to get rifle/shotgun squared away, I wouldn't buy another pistol just for 3G (yet).