Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Techwell XT-Wilson DE mags

Aldrin

Anyone removing material from the mag bases for more reliable seating? If so, where and how much?

Removing material from the basepads would make for less reliable seating. I actually put my XT on a disc sander and removed about .20" so that mag seating was more consistent/positive with Wilson mags and DE pads. R,

I have had to remove material off the bottom front rounded edge of the mags and the base pad so that the mags will not hang up on the mag well going in and to insure they drop free. I run the Wilson 47DE's and they are just barley long enough to knock them home in the mag well. Sounds like G-man cut the well, I didn't want to mess up the nice red color, and the mags go to the dirt all the time anyway.

OK. Im having a problem with one of my mags sticking but I guess it could just as easily be an issue with magazine and the mag catch.

Make sure the feed lips on the mag aren't to wide and catching in your trigger bow on the way through. Take your topend off and watch it go through your trigger bow. Your trigger bow may be less than square and the other mags just happen to be in great shape and it not be a issue.....yet.