Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to the Forum

Hi All,

I'm looking to get into USPSA and knew this was a great place to start. I'm a contractor who works in Afghanistan, so I'm here to lurk and build my knowledge base for getting into USPSA once I fully return to the States; I'm essentially starting from scratch. I moderate another forum so I know to use the search feature and FAQs and not tie y'all up with a billion newbie questions. I did attend a few local matches and Area 6 Championships in 2004 so I have a very minor understanding of what I'm trying to do. I hope. :)

Take care,

Eric

Hi All,

I'm looking to get into USPSA and knew this was a great place to start. I'm a contractor who works in Afghanistan, so I'm here to lurk and build my knowledge base for getting into USPSA once I fully return to the States; I'm essentially starting from scratch. I moderate another forum so I know to use the search feature and FAQs and not tie y'all up with a billion newbie questions. I did attend a few local matches and Area 6 Championships in 2004 so I have a very minor understanding of what I'm trying to do. I hope. :)

Take care,

Eric

Welcome to the forum....

Welcome. :)

You can probably order up dvd's and such ?

If it were me, I'd order Brian's book, along with Steve Anderson's dryfire book. Oh...and Lanny Bassham's book.

Matt Burkett's instructional dvd's and any dvd that shows top shooters. (Saul Kirsch has put out of a bunch of those...various USPSA major matches.)

Heck, Brian probably carries a lot of that in his store.

Keep reading the forums...there is an amazing amount of great info tucked away in here.

Thank you for the recommendations. I borrowed a copy of Brian's book years ago and read it. Great stuff. The rest....looks like my DVD/ book collection is going to get a tad larger.

Thank you again.

Welcome. :)

You can probably order up dvd's and such ?

If it were me, I'd order Brian's book, along with Steve Anderson's dryfire book. Oh...and Lanny Bassham's book.

Matt Burkett's instructional dvd's and any dvd that shows top shooters. (Saul Kirsch has put out of a bunch of those...various USPSA major matches.)

Heck, Brian probably carries a lot of that in his store.

Keep reading the forums...there is an amazing amount of great info tucked away in here.

Welcome EricInA-stan. That must be short for "Eric In A*s-crack-a-stan" :goof: If it's knowledge you're looking for, you've come to the right place. I can't seem to stop getting information overload from time to time. So much to learn, so little time. Fun.

Hi All,

Take care,

Eric

Welcome! There's a ton of stuff you can learn here, and Flex's comments about books and DVDs is spot on. I've learned at least a couple of things from the couple of Saul Kirsch DVDs I have and countless things from Brian's book. On a far more humble level a number of folks have added to our tips for newbies thread...lots of good info there:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78927&view=findpost&p=913533

Welcome EricInA-stan. That must be short for "Eric In A*s-crack-a-stan" :goof: If it's knowledge you're looking for, you've come to the right place. I can't seem to stop getting information overload from time to time. So much to learn, so little time. Fun.

That is correct. I have 4 years total in country (04-06 and 08-Present) as a contractor maintaining communications systems for the Air Force. If you need CAS, I'm one of the many guys in the chain who make it happen.

And yes, I'm already suffering from info overload. I find myself reading a dozen or so threads and looking up what I've read, then washing, rinsing, and repeating. Fortunately, time is on my side for once.